Where would be a nice exoctic place to go boarding in Feb.

Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Any ideas outside of Japan that would be a cool place to go ride?

Utah, I think you would have a blast, that or Colorado. I could give you all the info you needed for Utah and prob Colorado too.

pffft fine Gulmarg, India is extremely good from what I have heard. Bit of an adventure too, it is on my list of things to do. I would highly recommend Utah though, snow is going to beat anywhere in Chile, Argentina, Europe and similar if not better landscaping.

Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
Heliskiing on that Russian peninsula near Japan.
A quick google will find the name.

Kamchatka peninsula. Don't know if they have much heli mid winter. Generally March and April I think. Too bloody cold, snowy and windy ealier on I think. It's definitely on my radar of things to do in the future.

Iran.....Macedomia......Bulgaria.......Slovenia......dunno about the snow conditions there, they do have ski resorts and all sound pretty off the beaten track (ok Bulgaria isn't really, but it is a shit hole which equals exotic in some peoples books! smile )

Actually the opposite, looks like I may well be spending large amounts of time there in the coming years and looking to go somewhere else this time so really appreciate everyone's input.

Funny how things happen but I was invited to a 30th in Morocco last night during the period I'm off work and think I'll hit that and go surfing for a couple weeks with some incountry boarding here in China to bookend that trip. Its been a hellish 10 days at work and Im completely buggered, some time on a beach sounds just right.