• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Update!

I'm really stoked for the next few weeks. We just got done building a decent sized step-up jump to do some inverted aerial trickery on that has some potential for artsy shots (pictures below). However, we haven't had weather cooperating to hit it, but we expect to get a good session in the near future.

The past few weeks have been absurdly busy. Japan, and consequently so did I, saw it's fastest snowfall rate in the past decade or so. I have never seen 7 feet of snow fall as fast as it did. As we finished shoveling off the steps, the top was already rendered invisible by the snow. It was a bittersweet case of deja vous. However, in between the shoveling and eating/sleeping, we got to ski some of the most fun snow I have ever had the pleasure of having under my skis. Unfortunately, I didn't have much time or inclination to record it so you will just have to take my word for it.

Half-built step up

mitchpee_41.jpg

mitchpee_40.jpg

mitchpee_39.JPG

Great vid MP. I see online that they have changed the graffics on the 2012 Bent Chetlers, shame as I am partial to the Japanese theme on your pair. Although the good news is they know come in a 190 something length for us bigger blokes. It will be a toss up between them and the 2012 Armada AK JJ which sounds like it will be a bit beefier than last years JJs. Decisions , decisions.

Enjoy the rest of the season there MP and keep the footage coming.

Originally Posted By: TropicalPow

Great vid MP. I see online that they have changed the graffics on the 2012 Bent Chetlers, shame as I am partial to the Japanese theme on your pair. Although the good news is they know come in a 190 something length for us bigger blokes. It will be a toss up between them and the 2012 Armada AK JJ which sounds like it will be a bit beefier than last years JJs. Decisions , decisions.
Enjoy the rest of the season there MP and keep the footage coming.

Ahhhhh such a tough call. They made the 190 this year and the 182 just very limited in the 190 so they were hard to find. JJ is coming out with a 192 I believe ( I know it is in the 190's) so you should be having a blast with either one smile
  • 2 weeks later...

Some shirabetsu-dake pictures! Hoping to have more footage soon!

The snow situation hasn't been ideal but there are still plenty of spots to be found. I took the Giro guys up to Shirabetsu and the weather was amazing. Not to mention we scraped away some epic pow turns for not seeing fresh snow in a while.

mitchpee_47.JPG

mitchpee_48.JPG

So it has been a while and with good reason. The past few days we have been exploring the vasts of Hokkaido. Recently we stumbled upon "el dorado" the remnants of an old mining area of which the location is to be withheld from the general public until further notice smile. Perhaps once this next snow runs through we will be able to film some there and expose it.

Other than that I have been skiing pow and lots of it the past few days. We got an awesome night session at Hirafu and an even better day at Teine for which I can thank Clay for properly introducing me. Definitely a bit sketchy since any slope you touched instantly slabbed but luckily nothing significant other than a cornice propagating in front of me which tumbles down and hits me in the video...

March looks like it is going to be get the little work there is to be done and take some time for the crew to get some shots. Hoping the snow graces us!

• 2 weeks later...

Well today was a day all about adventure. The snow on Yotei wasn't the greatest, but overlooking the area of southern Hokkaido from a 360 panoramic view from a volcano is always pretty cool. All the guys that went up today were Montana locals and a really solid group of guys. Great day all around and enjoying this beer now smile Photos thanks to Ryan Krueger

mitchpee_49.jpg

mitchpee_50.jpg

Here's a video of a secret spot with some great snow from last week!

Enjoy!

Been getting into the backcountry a lot via snowmobile and hiking. Here is a video of some of the pow. Some of these were yesterday (yes the snow is still that good).

Thanks to Stu (sand) for the music.

My time in Niseko has wound down and I am off to Kyoto tomorrow. It has been an awesome season and I have met a ton of great people, some of which are on this site. Magseven, Sand, Mamabear, TropicalPow, GoNative, Softlandings, SlipperyJim, are just a few who come to mind. All awesome people and I look forward to seeing them again.

Found a picture from January that never got posted

mitchpee_51.jpg