1 and a half pints of coffee please!

Quote:
The Associated Press reports that Starbucks is beginning a phased-in nationwide rollout Tuesday of its Trenta cup size. The new sized cup will be 31 oz, which is almost a whole quart. This means Starbucks consumers will be able to purchase up to a about a quart of coffee, tea or lemonade.

The Trenta size, which means 30 in Italian just like their Venti cup means 20 ounces, will be about fifty cents more than the Venti cup.

Fourteen states will see the new cup size in stores on Tuesday. The Associated Press lists the states as Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Hawaii, Nevada and Arizona. The 31 oz. cups were actually tested in Phoenix, Tampa, and Atlanta last year.

The rest of the country will be able to buy Trenta sized drinks by May 3.

STARBUCKS-TRENTA.jpg

no no, the trenta is for the latte n stuff.

So as not to be left out, the iced drinks are also in for a trenta. But that would be less bladder bursting 'cos of the ice. Unless you chew the ice of course.

Just about the right size for my morning coffee there. biggrin

Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
It says iced drinks though, so guess what its going to be full of.

It says its 325ml larger then the venti, which is used for ice drinks, but you can also get hot drinks venti size as well. wink

Okay, I think I get it. If I don't, blame whoever wrote the capitalized "new size for iced drinks" headline.

If you pour a hot one of them into two cups and share, it *might* be decent value. I'll have to get one full of tea the next time my old man comes. Its about his size.

Originally Posted By: thursday
it pisses me off how starbucks are so slow in making a freakin coffee.

That's because the staff first have to look at a list to check what "venti" and "trente" mean.