• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking of which KD, we still haven't met up!! I'm having the weekend off but should be up there on Monday if you're about? How does the Downhill restaurant at the top of the Furano ropeway for elevenses sound? cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as it was sunny today, my mate Boris filmed me skiing down the pistes this morning. The groomers were nice, but not much off-piste stuff happening. We met MickRich and had a ride up in the gondola with him.

Hopefully there will be more snow in a couple of days. It is very like spring at the moment.

The weather's all over the place here in Furano at the moment! Today, for example, we're getting decent-looking snowfall then the clouds clear, the sun comes out and it feels like Spring. Then the temperature drops, the clouds return and it snows again! I think that's what they call "changeable"! I call it bloody annoying though beggars can't be choosers and all that!

Changeable weather aside, I bumped into Kokodoko this morning, or rather he overtook me as I was strapping in and stole "my" first tracks down the Giant course. Bloody skiers! wink

Nice day out there today, but yesterday was even better. Plenty of powder to be found all over the mountain.

Some photos from yesterday:

RedLotus_32.JPG

Riding the lift to the top of giant course. Snow boarder ahead of me (Mick Rich?) straps in while on the chair to avoid an evil skier overtaking him for first tracks. lol

RedLotus_33.JPG

First tracks down the giant course. Kokodoko on the right.

RedLotus_34.JPG

Dynamic course

RedLotus_35.JPG

My favourite part of the giant course, right hand side off piste.

RedLotus_36.JPG

Trees at the entrance to the premium zone. Snow here was quite deep and mostly untouched all day. No ropes need to be ducked to ski here!

thats a pretty decent looking line you dropped there kokodoko smile And yeah, it shouldnt even need to be said, but furano can FOAD for this smile

How you get days with sunshine?? Our week in Myoko was one of snow EVERY blasted day! (Not complaining, mind!)

Thanks for them photos, redLotus.

That snowboarder ahead of you was Mark, my room mate.

I fanged ahead of MickRich the day before while he was putting on his bindings.. muahahahahahaaa smile

Today was nice as well. I got my first face shots.

hello Ippy, what is foad? oh i just googled it. same to you buddy smile

hello JA, we have had some sun and overcast and blizzard, its everchanging here lately.

Nice photos RedLotus! You just missed me in that Dynamic Course shot, as the skier with the yellow jacket followed me down!

Yeah, today was another good day up there and the snow looks set to continue into next week clap

Yeah, I was thinking the same!! RedLotus, lmk if you have any luck as I'd be interested. Maybe Kokodoko too? Otherwise, if there was enough people, maybe Alpine would run a bus there instead of Tomamu, which has little or no new snow at the moment.

What day is it today? Ihave lost track of time.

Most people are leaving today. there is fresh snow this morning. so today would have been good. i dont know.

Today is..........powder day!! Well perhaps not, but a few cms of fresh will go down nicely and more's forecast for the rest of the week. & less people here means more for us to play in kokodoko - just a shame that half of the Furano zone is closed for the ski races!!

Yeah, it wasn't too bad today. Some storms coming in to central Hokkaido on the JMA radar now. Should be good tomorrow!

Hey Kokodoko, if you (and anyone else at alpine) are keen for Kamui on friday, could you see if the owner would be interested in going there instead of Tomamu? The forecast has been downgraded a little, but it still should be a good day at Kamui. Tomamu doesn't look like it will get much snow.

I have another friend who wants to go also, so that would make 4. Might need a few more people...