Gala Yuzawa (Yuzawa, Niigata) - 14th January 2011

Originally Posted By: SKI
muika, in the South Area where all of the courses open or was it just part open?

As you are on the lift, the run to the left and the run that is pretty much close to the lifts were open. And not groomed. I think the course to the right, or the course that used to be there anyway, wasn't open. There were no tracks on it so I presume it was roped off. And of course the very top of the resort coming down from there to the south area, that run was closed.

Great area for some powder play, the south bit. It will be mad on a day like today, if it is open.
Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
How do you get them to be so clear and shiny, for want of a better phrase?!

Just point and shoot, gg. I find that my 12-24 lens and the fisheye produce some really sharp images, they are cracking lenses. Definitely sharper than the 18-200. Not much adjustment done to the photos this time at all, just a bit of contrast adjustment on a few that's pretty much it.

Ace pics muika.

I was at Nozawa yesterday but if I had taken any photos it would have looked like this:

Awesome snow though.

• 1 month later...

BTW, has the new downhill course at Gala let the resort keep open this season when it's windy? I haven't noticed any times in the daily report when it is closed...

• SnowJapan Admin

Actually I met one of the guys from Gala this afternoon and asked them the very same. Apparently, not one day has been lost this season since the downhill course has been open, so seems to be working in that respect.