• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearly made it to 50 but not quite!! \:\( but i must say 49 isn't bad... \:D but unfortunately missed about 10 powder days over new years cos my brother was visiting from new zealand, and " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" /> he doesn't ski!!!!!!!

Made it to 65 - going to go to one of them Indoor Places in Tokyo/Yokohoma area to make it 66 or 67.

Where is Gassan ? Anyone know, and when does it close ?

Who was from Manning. I may know them. My family has lived in East Gate for 20 years and been skiing there since the 60's.

The backcountry is amazing up high and off the chairs. The other is difficult as the lower forests are very thick. I have been turned around frustrated many times

Barok, Gassan is in Yamagata. Closes in July. If your gonna go let me know and I'll give you specific instructions and parking advice \:\)

Let me add it's a bit of a novelty and much better for skiers....I think. But to me, it beats indoor facilities when you just don't want to let the season end it's a decent alternative. Some of the best views of anywhere I've been in Japan!