We are looking for suggestions to get the best out of our upcoming Hakuba trip. We will arrive on 23rd jan Sunday afternoon and stay for 4 nights.

We are thinking of doing a few days a Happoone as we are staying just minutes away but not sure what others resorts to do.

Also does anyone know if the 2 day ticket covers the nighta as well? With 6 of us looking for the most economical and efficient way of doing it.

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Are you skiers or boarders? I always like to spend a day at 47/Goryu which are a short shuttle bus away.

How you compare Happo and Goryu?

I always plan to spend a day in Goryu, but so far never did. I think there is a lift pass that covers both, the just Happo pass is slightly cheaper though.

What I like most in Happo is the long roads through the forest. Not too fast, but relaxing to slide down.

Happo is a bit more of a skiers mountain, in my opinion. Well, certain areas of it anyway as it's a massive resort. Without new snow fall large sections of it are a mogul nightmare. Have a look at each of the resorts webpages to find coupons you can download. They are usually good for a 1000Y lunch coupon or something like that.

I like 47 better than Goryu because the bottom half of Goryu is not very interesting and packed with beginners. Because both 47 and Goryu are connected it offers a lot of varied runs.

Happo is mogul city with a few runs that arent smile

47 - Imori are linked, huge amount of runs. Perhaps your hotel can drop you at either. Days there will be well spent.

Iwatake was fun and lots for the beginners plus some runs for the rest.