• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are in Mackay and fly out of Brisbane for Niseko in a week. Yeeha.

We were planning in driving down but the highway is still cut at Rocky and will be for a week or more ,so we now have booked flights down from here. I just heard that the Mary River near Gympie has gone over and the road has been cut down there also.

It may have been possible to get thru on an inland route but thats too much of a lottery at the moment.

SO , our trip will be as follows: Dodge floods and fly down to Bris.

Dodge missiles and fly to Sapporo with Korean via Souel.

Dodge snowstorms and hopefully be able to land at Chitose.

The webcam images of Niseko are looking awesome now.

Might even make it to the SJ get together on the 22nd.

Pow Heaven here we come .

We are on the Gold Coast - We are not affected by the flooding as our property is up high BUT IT IS STILL RAINING and as I sit here it is raining so hard we can not even hear the TV. It has been raining ALL DAY and has been raining heavily since about Christmas day with only about 2 days of Sunshine. Poor horses are doing it tough even though they are all rugged up with all the wet there hooves are all going soft and jelly like and my poor old boy has had to be bought up into the carport (we have converted into a stable as the stables and feed shed flooded just so he can lay down and have a rest.)

Heaps of friends have lost everything - crops, livestock and homes. It is really shocking. This is the wettest I can ever remember it being.

We are in NSW, driving to Tweed Heads tomorrow, hope the roads are OK. Overnight in Tweed, drive to Gold Coast airport and fly to Japow Tuesday morning.

Tweed river is rising, several others between here and there also. Checking the RTA road conditions call centre tomorrow on the way will be the go!

We are in Lennox Head, which is an hour south of the QLD border. It has pretty much been raining since the September school holidays. Seriously, almost every frikkin day. I would hate to a mum having the kids at home these holidays!

The rivers are holding up ok but all that rain from north has to go somewhere. Haven't had a good fish in ages, or surf for that matter

JA, there is some flooding on the Pacific HWY by passing Ballina , nothing major but enough to hold everything up.

"Police order the evacuation of parts of Australia's third largest city - Brisbane - as floods which have killed at least eight approach the Queensland state capital."

Wow.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
It's mostly only Queenslanders. Washing away a few of them isn't such a loss I can assure you! razz

Mate there are lots of people missing and dead.

Your comment has been forwarded to the appropriate authorities who wont see your comment to be so funny.
It's mostly only Queenslanders. Washing away a few of them isn't such a loss I can assure you! razz

We always give the Cane Toads a good hammering but when it's families in cars about to drown the whole funny side is lost.

Not good form at all.
Originally Posted By: Mongoose

Your comment has been forwarded to the appropriate authorities who wont see your comment to be so funny.

whilst agree with the condemnation of the bad taste, I don't understand who the "appropriate authorities" are and what they can do in this situation. wakaranai

Stay safe out there!!
Originally Posted By: Mongoose

Mongoose your exceedingly rare visits into these forums are always entertaining. 45 posts in the last 8 years! Glad to see my comments brought you out of the woodwork lol

I guess I should be all politically correct and express how horrified I am at the disaster. Yeah terrible stuff, feel for the families, etc, etc...

Happy now? wink

Go Native,

As a long time reader of this forum I have enjoyed your entertaining thoughts and reports, and since I will be in Niseko in less than a week thought it would be nice to put a name to a few of the faces at the get together art wild bills I think it is?

I see that you were probably trying to be funny but I would have thought when you understood the gravity of the situation and the number of dead and missing , I thought you may express your regrets and back peddle a little. But no, a smart arse comment again.

I am presuming if someone had made light of the recent avalanche deaths, you would have jumped on them, I do not see the difference here.

I was hoping to have a beer and maybe a few turns with you but god , you make it hard to like you.

Originally Posted By: TropicalPow
We are in Mackay and fly out of Brisbane for Niseko in a week. Yeeha.
We were planning in driving down but the highway is still cut at Rocky and will be for a week or more ,so we now have booked flights down from here. I just heard that the Mary River near Gympie has gone over and the road has been cut down there also.

It may have been possible to get thru on an inland route but thats too much of a lottery at the moment.

SO , our trip will be as follows: Dodge floods and fly down to Bris.
Dodge missiles and fly to Sapporo with Korean via Souel.
Dodge snowstorms and hopefully be able to land at Chitose.

The webcam images of Niseko are looking awesome now.

Might even make it to the SJ get together on the 22nd.

Pow Heaven here we come .

It has really been great for the past week or so and looks awesome for the future too.

GN - you are all class. What did you say during the 2009 Bush fires? "It's only Victorians - a few of them frying isn't such a loss, I can assure you"

There a time and a place for black humour, but on a public forum where there are people closely affected by the floods???, heck third post in snowhuntress said her friends had lost everything.

back on topic.

This is becoming a heavily watched video - pretty insane.

I heard on the news that one river was running 9m higher than its normal level - 9 metres, that's just shy of an Olympic high diving tower.

Hope my friends in Brisbane come through tomorrow unscathed.

shit, that is mental!!!! I have family in Ipswich.....I hope they're ok!! omg

what is the situation with insurance? usually policies don't cover "acts of god" right? Do people just have to write off all that damage??!!

Originally Posted By: TropicalPow
Go Native,

As a long time reader of this forum I have enjoyed your entertaining thoughts and reports, and since I will be in Niseko in less than a week thought it would be nice to put a name to a few of the faces at the get together art wild bills I think it is?
I see that you were probably trying to be funny but I would have thought when you understood the gravity of the situation and the number of dead and missing , I thought you may express your regrets and back peddle a little. But no, a smart arse comment again.
I am presuming if someone had made light of the recent avalanche deaths, you would have jumped on them, I do not see the difference here.
I was hoping to have a beer and maybe a few turns with you but god , you make it hard to like you.

Sorry but I'm not going to act as though I'm all cut up about what's happening in Qld when in reality it doesn't really affect me in anyway whatsoever. Just like you probably barely batted an eyelid when a couple of thousand died and millions were displaced from floods in Pakistan last year. Did you know there's also been recent flooding in the Philippines which has displaced around 800,000 people and caused dozens of deaths? Just as I doubt you'll lose any sleep over the situation in the Philippines I aint losing any over the situation in Qld. Maybe because it's white people I should care more? wink

Go Native,

I hear you, but by the same token I did not post a thread having a laugh about their misery in Pakistan, thats whats off about your post. Can't understand why you feel the need to make a joke about it.

I guess you love stirring up shit ,but how about sticking with your tales tall and true of your love of Niseko,

CU Soon