Hi All - Haven't been on here for a l-o-n-g while. That's mortgages, kids, work etc etc for ya! Noticed a lotta new names so I should read up.

BUT for the mo' - we've had great snow out west (I'm in shikoku) esp chugoku area so off to Mizuho area in Shimane for 5 days. Over 2m up top and more to come. Caught it last year like this and it was knee deep in parts.

So if any snowjapan-ites are heading for there look out for the ozzie & wife & daughter and say h'lo.

1 more sleep.

Well that was a buzz! I guess I'm not the only one enjoying supreme conditions, but it rarely gets better in west japan.

1st day - Tenguston - no grooming, calf to knee deep and counted 11 cars in the car park. Maybe 30+ people on resort. Grinning!

2nd day - Mizuho - limited grooming - snowing,freshies all day and p'haps a few hundred souls on resort. Grinning!

3rd day - Mizuho - lightly snowing/sun... groomed but stashes everywhere and numbers the same as yesterday. Grinning!

4th day - Mizuho (holiday saturday) psycho crowded (70mins wait for gondola queue & then 40 mins in queue) so left and went back to Tenguston. Blue bird day, a few hundred peeps, groomed but untracked lines everywhere. Buggered but Grinning!

5th day - half day @ tenguston - conditions as above.

Saw 2 westerners in 5 days but they were the grumpy, I'm cool I'm not going to speak to you types. WTF is that???

So at small to medium size resorts (with long courses)we had great skiing without the crowds. I wonder how much longer such places can exist under such conditions.

But for now we gotta try to grab it while we can.