Dear All. I have been trying to plan my trip to Hokkaido but transportation is the difficult part. I will arived in Haneda appx 540am.

Can I check who are the cheapest domestic flights airline?

I know JAL/ANA/SKymark...anyone else?

Thought of travel by Japan Rail but found that trip from Haneda to Sapporo will be 22 hours?

I am about to book North Country Inn in Furano Village. Their transfer will cost 2500yen per peron but they told me if I take taxi from Chitose airport to Furano which is about 90mins will only cost me 1000yen. Is this true?

This is my first trip to Japan for ski resorts. is there a need to get Snow Boots? If so are there any rental along the way from Haneda or Sapporo? If not, how mcuh can I purchase and where?

Sorry for the many questions as I am really confused.

I drove Shin Chitose (Sapporo) airport to Furano in 2.5 hours. THat was in summer, perfect visibility and road conditions. No traffic.

In winter with snow n ice on the roads and probably bad visibility, it'll be more like 4 hours.

Quote:
I am about to book North Country Inn in Furano Village. Their transfer will cost 2500yen per peron but they told me if I take taxi from Chitose airport to Furano which is about 90mins will only cost me 1000yen. Is this true?

This is true. But swap "yen" for "dollar". The US kind.

Where are you getting all this? A travel agent?

Oh I think i misinterpret there email. What they actually meant was to take JR to Furano and take a Taxi from Furano to the Village. Sorry for confusion. However, Can I check how much will a one way JR ticket over the counter cost from Sapporo to Furano or from Ashikawa to Furano?

Check hyperdia for train times and fares in English:

About 3,500 Yen from Sapporo using the Limited Express or about 1040 from Asahikawa by the look of it...

Have a great trip!