• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Rate your year and say why.

For me 9/10, was very busy snowboarding wise, went to try new places in and out of season. Made new friends, and studied hard and passed most of my course, saved money, and become reacquainted with old friends. Went home for 2wks, and had some friends visit.

Bad points, some friends left Japan, some damn good friends, and wasted too much time with ignorant, moronic people that I should have just ignored. Shoulder still playing up but not much I can do there.

I checked out what I did in 2010 yesterday. I was on the move all year.

From Newcastle - Dubbo - Murray River - Melbourne - Mornington Peninsula - Great Ocean Road - Gippsland along the coast back to Newcastle.

Then out west to Warren, Manilla, Border Ranges, Queensland, Noosa, Caloundra, Coolangatta, byron bay, Crescent Heads, Newcastle.

Then off to Argentina skiing La Hoya for 2 months. NOrth to Bolivia and the altiplano, Copacabana and then Peru - LIma, north surfing in Chicama, Mancora and Lobitos, then back south to LIma, Bolivia and Argentina.

Flew back to Australia in early December then off to Melbourne. It has been very busy. I am gonna repeat it next year. Well, same same but different.

Negatives

- My mate Lizzie finally succumbed to cancer

- Another year of living the transient lifestyle

- Seeing some long term friends relationships dissolve

- Seeing 3 people die/dead

Positives

- Great job with an awesome package in China (Wont mention the airfares lol)

- Been to several new countries

- Bought a house in the area I grew up in and where I will live in 2012

- Made some great new friends whilst traveling including SJF Members

- Getting the start of my back job (Tatt)

- Bought some great new art

- Sold 3 cars, bought a 1933 Ford and getting another Harley built

- Living life.

Yeah for me between a 7 and 8.

Very weird year I think I went into depression.

Or mid life crisis.

Aleady have a motorbike so couldn`t buy a new one.

Trying to work out reason for existance nearly bought a place in Japan.

Very unusual as I am normally very optimistic.

Earned good money kids seem happy and enjoyed making love to my wife so really not alot to winge about.

Seemore

Nine.

I am alive, well, and so are my loved ones.

We have a roof over our heads, food in our belly's and enough spare income to travel and snowboard the world in our vacation time.

It would be a 10 except I would rather not repeat the health scare I had at the beginning of the year, my shoulder surgery OR #3s broken leg.

Like MB, Nine. The kids, wife and family are all healthy and happy.

I've really enjoyed watching the kids thrive this year at school and with sport. My boy and I hung out together a lot this year surfing, snowboarding, footy and stuff.

I snuck in a boys surf trip to Indonesia for 2 weeks which was awesome. Thanks to a busy prosperous year retirement plans are almost back on track.

Looking forward to 2011, especially June when we do a month family trip to Indo.

id say a 5:

positive:

- passed my driving test

- have three new snowboards

- got a month off to dick around in japan

- went from 80kg to 70 (though back up to 72 from xmas/new year and no ability to exercise because i damaged my calf running (not enough stretching so its aggravated). Then switched back to bike, and suddenly got puked on so cant use the track outside anymore since theres a foot of snow on it.

- got rid of my psychotic coteacher (she got sent to the boe for re-education in september for 6 months).

Negative:

- still have no style or taste

- surrounded by the best looking girls on planet earth and not getting any :(

- spent all my savings again instead of putting it to the masters (year 6 of doing that and counting).

- am still rubbish on a snowboard.

- i had a psychotic coteacher from march to september.

- i might have got my weight about right after 10 years, but im probably at the worst fitness level ive been at for almost as long.

- muju still sucks.

- taught my super awesome third graders for the last time :'( im gonna genuinely miss them probably more than any other year group ive taught.

- like a lamar board description, this is very much a lot of superficialities masquerading as something of substance. ergo my year was kinda run of the mill underachieving as ever smile

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Nine.

We have a roof over our heads, food in our belly's and enough spare income to travel and snowboard the world in our vacation time.

It would be a 10 except I would rather not repeat the health scare I had at the beginning of the year, my shoulder surgery OR #3s broken leg.

With all those things, surprised it was a 9 mamabear!

friend
Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Nine.

With all those things, surprised it was a 9 mamabear!

friend

Ahh... but that is WHY it is a 9 Pie Eater.
We have been reminded of how fantastic it is to be alive, well and in one piece!

At the beginning of the year I thought I would not be here at Christmas - I am here and I am well.
By about March (my Hakuba visit) my shoulder was giving me so much grief I was pulling back on lots of stuff and just going to bed with painkillers - the surgery has almost got it back to normal.
And #3s broken leg has shown us how quickly things can change, how dreams can be shattered and why it is important to just GO FOR IT - hard. It gave him a cognitive understanding of what his desires are, and put a fire in his belly to achieve. Watching his determination showed us our son becoming a man, and a man of integrity and drive at that.

I will not say it wasn't hard.
And I don't particularly want to repeat it.
But without those experiences we might not be experiencing the world in the way we are now - with a lot more focus, thanks and positivity.

On the whole pretty good. The biggest minuses were my uncle dying suddenly during surgery and my work being too slow to justify the cost of a summer trip home with the kids to see my folks and my brother's new kid. Summer was a bit hot for me too to be honest.

Other than that though, the kids are great, we tried a few new things, got some stuff done around our pad, met up a couple of crazy people from the past etc., so plenty of positives. I picked up a big new client, so we should be able to do last year's trip this year, maybe with a decent stopover somewhere too.