I am very sorry to admit that indeed I had the digcamera and failed to get the backflip \:\( . There seemed to be a delay between pushing the button and the pic taking so kind of tricky when you are getting a person in motion. I am very sorry db but all you naysayers ask any of the 6 of us that was there for any of the proof you need.

But the pic of MistaSparkles cessna came out good!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No no - it was just this little steep jump (perfect for a back flip) that some kids built in a powder field at Arai. Unfortunatley they chose a pretty lame spot for riding out the landing.

If I had known db when I made the comment about eating my boots I am sure I would have held my tongue...but if someone was going to do it it's him. (Did he mention he used to do gymnastics?) Quite motivating to see.

Hey db - if you land a double backflip I will eat my snowbaord \:D (I think you need some motivation)

you just don't learn do you mate!

I tell you what, if it snows a few feet of powder in Jakarta during my one, perhaps two, week trip I will try the double.

Alas I think my first season is over, the wonderful Spring closing of which was stolen from me by the pressing need to visit the larget Islamic population on Earth right at the start of Bush's little stoush in Iraq.

You can hike and ride good stuff thoughout may.

db can you say whatcha will be doing there?

Best trick this weekend busted a huge 180 safty over the biggest tabletop at Takasu snow park a good 10meters 6 of which was backwards. I was so pumped cause if I missed the landing it was gona be ouch time.

the double would really impress me!!! (not that you care) however, make sure you go huge... the second rotation takes longer than the first and since you are huckin' way harder the chances of munching your neck or back are higher. ... it hurts when you don't land one. that much i've learned. \:\) all of this i'm sure you know, but one last thing... make sure your camera-person is qualified! (Sorry couldn't resist that cheap-shot)

I saw the massive 180 of fattwins over that booter at Takasu(wouldn`t call that a tabletop!?) It was huge, he stomped it cleanly too. Top effort. Those lui`s off that giant spine were sic too, just off doin` that end-to-end.Just how long is that spine?What`s the URL for the measurements of that park?Snowstyle dot com or sumthin`?

The url is something ah well crap searh snowstyle on a Japanese site it should pop up. That spin is a good 8 to 10 meters. I could and will nominate(?) it for best one in all of Japan.

Dane You got the vid with your back this year start posting pics.

OUfreeski2 Man your rail slides were going off. dude stomped numerous air slides to swicth smooth.

Thats the next part of my game to work on. Damm it hurts when you f them up.

hey dane! I thought you had left town. That is what I was thinking. It is one thing to get the spins around, but coming in to land would be tough, especially spinning so fast. No amount of helmet is going to save the neck if you stuff it up either. I reckon before I tried it I would want a mega soft landing and also have spent a good deal of time strengthening the neck and back muscles to stave off as much injury as possible should things go wrong.

As for the big long jumps like fattwins 180.... I for one am a long way off being able to do long jumps on a big park jump. I find those jumps big park visually daunting (the actual table top) so I have never really approached one. But there is always spring and you nutters to set the example.

cheers

db, the table tops are easy. There's not much of a price to pay if you f up just flying straight over (as maybe 90% of jumpers do) and the landing is just on the other side unlike a kicker where it falls away horribly. Hell, if you can do a backflip, table tops should be no probs.

But then you're probably talking about the really big ones anyway...

*Humbly* I was actually just referring to the bigun's. Mind you, those jumps on your home page are pretty big in my book.

There are some huge jumps out there. They are a whole different league to the table top that I approach.

I would like to see some of you guys doing these big fellas one day. I will be the guy with the camera.

admitly the Takasu big kicker was just rebuilt and built huge. It was daunting but as barok said once you got a trick in your back pocket it can come out anytime.

I was pretty pumped after landing that jump. The boys on the chair saw the rush I got. Landing switch sking means that you cant see the landing so you just have to feel it and watch your tips.

db hit the park. small then big always straight air it first before you think of doing a trick. Spinning doesnt need to be all corked up, get you head move and the body will follow.

The best park in Japan is supposed to be somewhere in Niigata - I will be checking it out very soon - as soon as I move in up there and figure out where it is. I am definately curious because I would have thought I would have heard alot more about it by now.

Where in nigata Barok. Takasu's park has now 12 or more jumps, rails 10 or so, 3 half pipes, 5 boxes, 4 sortof long thin boxes, a massive spine 2 waves, plastic rails. More that I have missed also.

If there is a better park give me a location, I would love to see it.

damn fattwins, i thought i was getting ready to finish up, but u make such a good sale.

that spine is hooge. first time i hit it i had way more speed than expected went clear off the top (but on a bit of an angle) and nearly died when i saw the ground disappear underneath me. landed half way down the spine a long way down the landing. cant even make it to top the now. OU if u r nearly clearing it end to end, id like see to that! eek.gif

OU was refering to my end to end lu kang grabs I think. That said I have only gone 80% of the way I like the side landing better and the fell of the sideways motion. Did you see that massive middle jump? OU greased that bottom jump to rail many times coming off switch, hes better at the rails than jumping right now, dont take offense bud (OU) cause I was impressed by your rail skills, you just killed it.