Hakuba Resort Advice - is Hotel Phoenix Wing ok?

Hey guys

My girlie and I are gearing up for our first ever Japan trip, landing in late Jan for 14 days. We're spending 4 nights at Hakuba, so that I can continue my journey of self mauling via snowboards.

We've been looking for a nice place to stay, and the Phoenix Wing Chalets look really nice. But I'm quite surprised that after two years of operation, there isn't a single TripAdvisor review (my bible when it comes to selecting accomodation). Anybody know anything about the place?

Sure looks nice.

I don't use tripadvisor and have in the past used a big pinch of salt after reading wildly different things on the same place perhaps posted by owners/enemies.

If you go, tell us what it's like.

Trip advisor has a huge class action suit brewing against it.

kwikchex is about to take them on actually.

Phoenix wing is a good product but you will pay for it. It is owned by a very nice young Chinese lad nothing bad to say about him at all.

Kind of offtopic but interesting to read the case against TripAdvisor on the Kwikchex site. It sounds very strong because their system is too lax.

As for Hakuba, you'll not find that many reviews overall and ymmv for the ones that exist. There will be some truth in some of them though, both good and bad.