Hi...will be in Osaka next week. From what Ive gathered so far it seems that Biwako valley is the nearest snow resort to go to from Osaka. Is this a nice resort to go to? Wont really be skiing but a snow slide for kids is a must.

Hi..

I wouldnt expect alot of answers to your query as your not looking for info in Nagano or Hokkaido.. Most people here only talk about those places..

I found this for you,, if you havent seen it

http://www.biwako-valley.com/winter/piste.html

It shows the piste map,, also there is an English language option at the top of the page,, but the English site doesnt show alot of info

Here is a quote from the English part of the site..

"The trails are rich in variety and full of charm and there is also a special area for sledding and playing in the snow"

Here is a picture of what looks like their kids play area..Just what youre looking for

http://www.biwako-valley.com/winter/attraction.html

If youre just looking for some fun in the snow,, it looks like it would be OK,, if they have snow smile

Hope it helps and you have a bit of fun...

Originally Posted By: Pezby
I wouldnt expect alot of answers to your query as your not looking for info in Nagano or Hokkaido.. Most people here only talk about those places..

That's rubbish.
There's plenty of talk about places in Niigata, Yamagata, Gunma etc.

However, Nagano and Hokkaido are bound to take up a majority of the discussion as they have the most major resorts and especially for people coming from overseas they are probably the two main prefectures. Even though one isn't a prefecture. wink

Pretty obvious really there is going to be less talk about small local places that hardly anyone knows about or has been to.

Why not just re-address the balance rather than make a drama out of it?

well Muika beat me to it. But I think you'll find that people talk about what their local/favourite hill is and will gladly answer Q's when they come up. I know nothing about the Biwako valley or the ski resorts that are there. If you know something about them, why don't you answer the Q's and open up another area to everyone?!

Funny how all you trolls answer whenever someone says anything negative or expresses an opinion you dont like..

But none of you bothered to help the original poster ...

tCp90.gif

Having never heard of this place, how can we help out?
  • SnowJapan Admin

If anyone wants to add something useful about the original post, please do so.

Otherwise, lets leave this alone shall we!

friend

Pezby, if you are wanting to help out the many people out there reading these Forums and site regarding resorts that don't get as much attention, please do.

The best way to be the most help is to post resort reviews.

Funny how all you trolls answer whenever someone says anything negative or expresses an opinion you dont like..

But none of you bothered to help the original poster ...

Never been and never will. Doubt anyone on this forum has ever been, hence the lack of answers. Who'd the hell would want to ski there when you've got Nagano and Hokkaido to ski at anyway? razz

Guys I think some of you are missing the point...if you'll look again at my post then you'll see that it says "Wont really be skiing but a snow slide for kids is a must" The reason for the post is coz me and my family wanna go to a ski resort that HAS a ski slide/tubing for kids. I know about the ski resorts in Nagano and others but my group are all beginners...in fact none of us know how to ski. So whats the point of going to a great ski resort like the ones in Nagano when we dont know how to ski. We just wanna go to a place NEAR Osaka where the kids can play in the snow...that is why I posted the question to see if anyone has ever been to Biwako whether the place is fun for KIDS...Im even considering ROKKOSAN...

I've been there, but not in winter. Lots of man-made snow on all accounts, like Rokko which I have been to in winter many years ago.

I dunno what's it like now, but you used to have to pay at Biwako to get up the mountain separately to the lift ticket. Unless you got a direct bus from Osaka, the JR train up the Saiko ? (west of lake) line and the inaka bus from the station to the hill (not many services) aren't that cheap either, so it might actually be better to go somewhere like Winghills in Gifu if you can get a direct bus from Osaka. At a "normal" ski resort, you won't have to pay for lifts if you just sledge at the bottom.

Good on you for getting your kids out and have fun!