merino base

long sleeve t shirt

down

shell

warm days:

merino

t shirt

softshell

I try and stay away from t-shirts if they are cotton. If cotton gets wet it stays wet and doesn't insulate you well at all when it is wet. Synthetic thermals or merino on the other hand will still insulate you pretty well even if wet.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Mid Winter Japan...my older cubs go the short sleeve tee shirt under the Jacket option. CRAZY!

Some people seem to have thicker skin. A friend wears just an old rugby shirt under his jacket, whatever the weather....loooney.

I am worried that the Australian warmth has made me soft and I will need more layers than when I lived in Europe.

Base layer: Merino long top and bottom.

Turtle neck zip up fleece.

Merino buff around my neck or in my pocket depending on wind chill.

Knee pads, backprotector and helmet keeps me warm, too

Shell

Used to be

T-shirt and Down Jacket, Neoplain ski pants.

Soaked in sweat at the end of the day.

Originally Posted By: thursday
walking to the pubs n restaurants in Hirafu? tee shirt, rugby shirt. Sometimes a jacket required. When there is no wind, the evenings are a pleasant stroll.

no.....when I'm on the mountain. At night time, I pretty much wear what I always wear to pubs. The jackets and coats that I wear in winter back home suffice for pub walking

Uniqlo heattech tee or long sleeve, depending on temps; polypro long-sleeves, some turtle necks, some not; lightweight fleece mont-bell zip up & phenix shell. Have loads of other stuff, but this covers 90% of the conditions. fleece neckwarmer in pocket, silk undergloves for really cold days, and my shell came with a poly balaclava that's actually been used a couple of times in the past eight years.

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
I hate being cold.

Yeah, me too! I therefore wear a base layer (I love my long-sleeved Helly Hansen); North Face fleece and jacket (with another base layer on those extra cold Hokkaido days) plus a pair of Ronhill Tracksters under my snowboard pants!

Lightweight UnderArmour baselayer (long sleeved top/thigh-length shorts)

Motocross or hockey jersey (long or 3/4 sleeve)

100-weight Polartec fleece vest and pants

Gore-Tex 3L outerwear

If it's below -15C or so, I might run a long-sleeved fleece or a heavyweight baselayer.