I've been some very cool love hotels.

I know one thing for sure though no matter how nice that hotel is I have no intention of ever going to Singapore. A big, hot city in the tropics where it never snows....what on earth would be the attraction?

there's a hotel in one of the old eastern bloc countries, think its might be the Czech Republic, that recreates Communist-era hotels. Drab, grey and horrible looking......its apparently fairly successful

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
there's a hotel in one of the old eastern bloc countries, think its might be the Czech Republic, that recreates Communist-era hotels. Drab, grey and horrible looking......its apparently fairly successful

Must be where the Chinese guys stole the idea from smile

Well the land deal fell over Rob as the price jumped 30% above what was agreed at about 80% through the precess so I walked away in disgust. Bought a house on the Sunshine Coast instead and will be throwing coin at renovating that but will be looking again at land in Hakuba when I'm there in just over two weeks as much is happening there development wise and it would be nice to ride some of that wave so to speak.

I am still researching the concept of containers for housing, if on a slightly smaller scale (1 story, 4 containers) and still feel its very viable and that there is possibly a global demand for affordable transportable housing.

Whilst I was initially against any sort of cladding on the outside I saw this in Munich the other day and like the effect. Seems something like this would "blend" with the environment better then a huge picture of Dali smile There is also an oxidising paint now that mimics rust which looks great.

exteriorcladdiong.jpg

Pete if you go through with this I have a friend who has more engineering degrees than one could fathom and specializes in sustainable living for houses. He has awesome ideas like cheap ways to make vertical gardens and many others.

Buddina - its where I grew up and will hopefully retire too soon. smile

Opps this has been a huge thread hijack...

To help get it back on track - my containers house ideas are contained in this thread, I was thinking out loud for most of it, some of those thoughts were a bit odd wink

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/366078/1.html

Now lets get this back to mad hotels smile