Bread machines - and, 'gopan'

Recently I have been making lots of bread using a break making machine. Waking up to the smell of bread almost ready and then scoffing it warm is really good.

Just on tv now some new machine, "gopan" that lets you make bread from rice. Looks interesting.

Lets breading.

my girlfriends mum has a bread machine and makes us fresh bread, its lush!! She makes her own pizza dough in it as well, the pizza is awesome. I always say I'm gonna buy one but haven't got round to it yet.

I just got myself one these

Thermomix-TM31.gif

You still need to cook the bread in an oven, but you can go so far as to mill your own flour from the natural grains, mix and knead in this little baby.

Believe it or not, in the week I have had it I have made:

Lemon Sorbet

2 x Mango Sorbet

Mashed Potato

Corn Relish Dip

French Onion Dip

3 x Coleslaw

Banana Smoothie

Chocolate Thickshake

Steamed vegetables with salmon steaks

White Chocolate and Blueberry Scones

AND

Beef Stroganoff.

I think I am in love with an appliance!!

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
I just got myself one these

Thermomix-TM31.gif

You still need to cook the bread in an oven, but you can go so far as to mill your own flour from the natural grains, mix and knead in this little baby.

Believe it or not, in the week I have had it I have made:
Lemon Sorbet
2 x Mango Sorbet
Mashed Potato
Corn Relish Dip
French Onion Dip
3 x Coleslaw
Banana Smoothie
Chocolate Thickshake
Steamed vegetables with salmon steaks
White Chocolate and Blueberry Scones
AND
Beef Stroganoff.

I think I am in love with an appliance!!

MB. Is that one of those $2000 jobs that I hear all the ladies raving about?

Lets unbreading - I cut all wheat - bread and pasta (never ate noodles anyway) from my life and dropped 8kgs in two months. Feel better, digestive system settled. best thing I ever did.

Originally Posted By: thursday
I think it was Indo who said that your regular rice cooker can make bread and cakes etc.

Yeah, the missus regular makes sponge cakes in the rice cooker. After cleaning it and washing though. wink

Mantas,

Hai! wink

Worth every cent!

I should definitely be unbreading also.

Although I was training like an athlete, twice a day, next to no carbs and didn't lose a single kilo....then went into party mode, carbs, the demon drink, no exercise - still no change in weight. What's a girl to do.

$2000- for a bread machine!!!!!!!!!!!

That is quite a few loafs of bread.

We bought a bread machine a few years ago. Used for a couple of weeks then couldn't be bothered measuring all the ingredients every evening.

Two grand..oh well never mind.

We use our bread machine a lot for bread and pizza dough. It makes mochi too. Fresh mochi are great.

The make bread from rice thing is partly allergy driven but is also intended to promote rice consumption in Japan. There is a surplus. Many schools in Japan still serve bread at lunchtime due to post war promotion by US wheat growers. There were food shortages at the time, so it was also good propaganda. Me and the missus once went to a talk by a famous nutritionist and he said schools that serve rice generally serve much healthier food. They don't know how to use bread as a healthy staple.

up north the staple is wheat, so lots of noodles, buns and stuff made from wheat. They seldom eat rice.

Down south, my way, the staple has always been rice. We eat rice more than noodles.

If you compare the northerners to the southerners, the northerners are taller, paler and genrally bigger.

The southerners are dark runts in comparison.

Originally Posted By: Indo
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Mantas,
Hai! wink
Worth every cent!

A friend of our sells those things. Pretty good, whips up dips and a what ever in a flash.

Still not worth $2k though.

Depends.
My Sis in Law bought one 18 months ago, and has used it almost every day since. That represents value for money for me.
If it ended up an expensive paperweight, then no. Not worth it wink