Poll: How many ski resorts in Japan have you been to...

Do you like this poll?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kansaiash, hi there.

How were White Pia and Ski Jam? They are in Gifu, right?

If you have any pics you could share, please do!

http://www.snowjapan...ex.php/gallery/

Keen to hear more as I hope to get Gifu way this winter.

White Pia is in Gifu and Ski Jam is in Fukui.

When I went to White Pia it was my 2nd day of boarding and I spent most of the day on my backside so I dont have so many great memories of the place. One of the reasons why I went there was because they have morning skiing so the lifts start around 5am which worked out nicely considering the overnight bus arrived at 4:30. I think I have some photos and Ill try and get them uploaded for you.

Ski Jam was a completely different experience. The resort is much bigger and we had some fresh snow when we arrived. I would recommend ski jam over white pia. These are some photos I took on my iPhone at SkiJam

http://www.snowjapan...splay__overview

I'll be heading to Gifu a few times this season also so if I find any other great places I'll let you know.

For me, I'm going by unique day passes I've bought... On mountains with joined resorts I often have no idea which resort area I'm at.

But not that many mountains really have "joined resorts", do they?

Shiga Kogen....

Hakuba 47/Goryu....

what others?

For me, I'm going by unique day passes I've bought... On mountains with joined resorts I often have no idea which resort area I'm at.

But not that many mountains really have "joined resorts", do they?

Shiga Kogen....

Hakuba 47/Goryu....

what others?

I know Norikura and Cortina are... and I think there maybe more linked in there... I'm sure there are more but none come to mind.

Interesting comment that, I'm totally interested in knowing exactly where I am and what everything is called.

I really want to be the same. Beginning this year I am going to try harder to figure out where, keep the names of resorts and runs somewhat straight in my head... that's one of the reasons I'm going to focus on a few resorts this year... in the past seasons it's been more of a joining people that I am loosely associated with and following them around (snow clubs, mixi clubs, work clubs, friends of friends)... this year I've got a nice core group and I'm driving.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Let's see

The amazing Nagaoke Shiei :lol:

Itsukamachi

Joetsu Kokusai

Hakkaisan

Gala Yuzawa

Naeba

Myoko Suginohara

Akakura Onsen

Cupid Valley

Kandatsu

So that would be 9.

Mostly just nagano and hokkaido, but heres the history of the new places from each season. This year im kinda keen on yuzawa and maybe popping into gunma/niigata:

Season 1:

Yeti snow park!

Togari

Happo1

Goryu/47

Season 2:

Myoko (suginohara, akakan, ikenotaira).

Season 3:

Muju

Tsugaike

Nozawa

Zao

Niseko

Season 4:

Moiwa

Furano

Kamui

Myoko Akakura onsen

Ryuoo

Shiga Kogen

Season 5:

???

PS shiga kogen should count as two resorts sjwink.gif The good side and the dead side.

Update since i reckon im pretty much done for exploring and will probably be hitting my wooly jumper resorts to ride the season out

Season 5:

Kagura

Naeba

Gala

Yuzawa Kogen

Ishiuchi

Thats about it. Year 2 id define by myoko, year 3 by nagano, year 4 by hokkaido, and this year by Yuzawa (mainly kagura almost every weekend :) though late season is nagano i anticipate)