I thought I'd create a Nozzle thread.

And start it off with -- the postponed opening date is 27th November but I think it is highly unlikely that they will be able to open anything as the distinct lack of snow is a bit of a show-stopper. Forecast for the week isn't looking snowy at all either.

But hey it's Nozzle, it'll pull through.

dance

Only a bit on the top slopes right now.

Clear sun lined up for the next few days. Perhaps snow on Friday, but I really doubt there'll be enough to open up this coming weekend, there will need to be another delay.

I'm arriving there on the 6th unless I get called up early due to snow. Regardless, I think the snow will be earlier this year than last year. 2009~2010, I think we had decent snow around 15th last year with the roads being closed from the 19th onwards. 2008~2009 season was worse, we didn't get any respectable snow until the 25th.

I suspect we'll have a big dump of snow around mid Dec and then another dump around early Jan. I suppose I'll keep you guys updated when I get there razz

Had some snow last night.

The base is still a bit sparse but it's looking good for the 11th Dec opening. As predicted, our snow is looking to arrive a little bit earlier this year!

Unfortunately, the snow-cams on the mountain have snow stuck on them so I can't see what it's like up there but I expect it's looking pretty promising >_<.

I'm stuck behind a desk for most of the time and I've got a bad habit of causing blizzards on my days off. I can honestly say I have not seen more than 3-5m of Nozawa at a time for the past 4 or 5 years.

I laughed...

When there's not enough snow, everyone's always saying to just give me a day off work xD. I remember a few years back, my boss was like "oh and can you bring some snow with you?" and I took a bottle of water, "it melted on the way D:"... except we had 30cm the day I arrived >_<.

That said, we had 15cm of snow fall at the bottom over night. Snow is still falling but now it's a complete white out as well.

• 2 weeks later...