Chrissie Pressie ideas - 2010

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blow Jobs are offtopic lol

I have a dilemma...

I have friends that we get together with Christmas Eve, we exchange gifts - they have no family locally (or even in the country) - and we are pretty darn close. Their two boys are Water Polo addicts like our guys (they are also boarders).

I got a brilliant idea for the kids gifts and ordered heavyweight WP training balls - womens size for the younger kid (U14) and mens size for the older kid (14). I also ordered the same balls for my own two. Order placed Nov 1 with Australian WP Assoc operating out of Tassie. Got the two womens weight ones, but the mens are on back order. Finally got frustrated waiting and rang them last week and it seems they have been on order for 4 months from Mikasa in Tokyo and as far as 'estimated date of delivery' all they can get is they will be ready when they are ready... So highly unlikely to get here by Christmas.

Dang!

So my dilemma is what to do.???

The older kid is the one MORE into water polo... how can I give the heavyweight training ball (albeit womens size) to his brother and give him some other hasty less well planned option?

Do I give him an IOU?

Ahhh... the FUN and JOY of Christmas...

Well... I suppose if they are tied up with a big red bow then they MIGHT qualify as "Chrissie Pressie Idea;s - 2010", but I prefer to think they are just the icing on the cake so to speak.

Gifts people. Gifts!

What gave it away?

This bit

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Well... I suppose if they are tied up with a big red bow then they MIGHT qualify as "Chrissie Pressie Idea;s - 2010", but I prefer to think they are just the icing on the cake so to speak.

lol

And I always thought your handle name was a bit girly too, wink

Went and did most of my christmas shopping today!! Don't get to the shops often MAN there are some great things out there. Cupcake Makers, Soft Serve Ice Cream Makers, Chocolate Fountains - Are you getting the hint I am on a diet and could only see the food Items yummy

One of the neatest things I saw was a Miniature Movie style Popcorn maker COOL!!

Kikki K - for the neice

Target - New pool for the Dog

Coles - For the ponies (honey puffs and giant bag of liquorice allsorts)

Funky Gumboots - Mum

Soap, Chocolates, liquorice, Crossword Puzzles Books - Dad

SURPRISE - My Snowhunter (he reads this forum)

Bike Shop Voucher & Food Hamper - Nephew 1

Car Voucher & Food Hamper - Nephew 2

Then finish off the rest tomorrow. confused

Way to go snowhuntress!

I had the opposite experience yesterday - went into a toy store in Freo - and it was the messiest, dirtiest, most cluttered store I have ever been into! It was like a messy childs bedroom. Toys all over the floor. And the customer service was similar, full of promise and smiles, but lacking organization and consistency.

I succeeded in my mission of acquiring a birthday gift for a childs birthday that is being held today, but I emerged from the shop with overwhelming feelings of stress.

Originally Posted By: thursday
got little brats coming on 24th. Mine is not a brat, all others are.

Got masses of cars, lego, planes, boats, all over the place for gifting them. Been hiding them so's my one dosen't find and destroy.
And they do at that age.
Had a friend visit today with her 3 little boys, my youngest had gone to work with his Dad...when he got home he was most grumpy as his perfectly cleaned room ready for Christmas was trashed.
Little kids tend to get into EVERYTHING!