• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnowJapan Admin

If it was just a handful of resorts in one area it wouldn't take that long to check and update all the data.

But we are talking about 500+ resorts throughout Japan, some of which are very small and it is hard to verify certain data.

Obviously, before we get to that stage, we need to get the new functionality working to allow the search/display of all this.

It all takes a fair amount of time.

friend

I like "R.I.P." the best so far, followed by "shut down." Something with a bit of finality to it. Let's face it, most of these places are not coming back -- especially the ones that have had lifts removed and are being returned to nature.

If it is desired to be sensitive to those places that have only declared 休業 but not yet 廃業, then maybe have an intermediate category of "operations suspended"? But that would be an extra level of work.

• SnowJapan Admin

Actually in addition we have nearly 10,000 more registered members of the the main site as well. And, of course, some overlap and less that are active. wink

"Not opening 10/11" or "Closed this season" is clearest I think. You wouldn't mistake either for "waiting for snow".

Strictly speaking many of them have not closed down. If they did, ones on public land would have to take down the lifts.

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks for the feedback.

We have a new system in place that I think works well and right now in the process of updating a lot of information. Hope to get it online by mid-December.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SnowJapan Admin

Hi there

Just wanted to ask people for a bit of help here. We are working our way through things on this issue now and finding some obscure resorts really difficult to find up to date info about - possibly because they don't exist any more!

Anyway, if you know of resorts that are on our site, but are "closed" / "not operating".... please do let us know, it will be a big help.

Thanks

• 2 months later...