• SnowJapan Admin

We are going to be making a few changes in the coming weeks to make it clear to people which resorts are "closed". When I say closed, I mean that they are there but they do not open in winter for one reason or another. For example, Arai in Niigata.

Defunt, not operational,.... we are having a few discussions as to how to label those resorts - needs to be clear but short and sweet, and I thought it might be a good idea to get some feedback.

A simple "closed" will not be clear enough and possibly confusing.

What do you think might be best?

Thanks for any feedback.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnowJapan Admin

Well, if we delete the record of the resort, then all the resort reviews and photos etc will also come off the site. It seems a shame to get rid of all of that and I think that info will be of interest to some people.

We do want to make it very clear to anyone looking at any resort page on the site whether a resort is 'current' or not. They will also be able to search only for resorts that are currently operating etc.

• SnowJapan Admin

There's actually quite a few.

We haven't assigned all the settings yet but I think it might be quite shocking. Or maybe not. Mostly tiny places. It will all be very clear once this is done!

Originally Posted By: SJ-David
There's actually quite a few.
We haven't assigned all the settings yet but I think it might be quite shocking. Or maybe not. Mostly tiny places. It will all be very clear once this is done!

Opportunities for boutique adventures via snow cat or Skidoo? Modern archeology for ski bums?
  • SnowJapan Admin

Yes it is something we wanted to - and should have - done before.

But it made sense to wait until we could do it properly. We made some considerable changes to our main database this summer and a lot of re-organisation of things. Now that that is done, it is a good time to be able to implement this as well.

Hopefully this, as well as the update to the individual resort data for most resorts, will be completed by mid-December. It will take a fair while but will be worth it when we are finally up to date.

friend