• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You would think I should get better mileage but nope...around 7 or 8. My dad's big GMC truck gets better mileage. The LC is diesel though so that takes a bit of the sting out of filling it up. I li

Ya....some dream of Ferraris or Maclarens.....(they are nice for sure) I dream of old Land Rovers with the spare tire on the front hood and the safari windows. Next is the the old FJ LandCruisers.....ah one day.

The first car I ever drove was an actual army jeep from the 60s. We drove it around my friend's farm and nearby forest when we were 13-14 years old. Even with the shitty clutch and metal bench seats it was loads of fun... the front wind screen folded down on the hood of the jeep too....

• 2 weeks later...

A front wheel drive car can get away with it. When I was a kid I used to put studs on the back of my VW beetle and just radials on the front. Couldn't steer worth a damn even with snow tires on the front so it didn't make much difference. With the studs and engine weight in the back it would go anywhere and to stop I'd just reef on the e-brake all the time.

These days I just do the adult thing and get 4 snow tires.

• 1 month later...

I hate this dilemma....

This will be year 4 for my current snow tires which still have a very healthy tread and are still quite soft....BUT, I know new ones are much, much safer. I've got other things I want to drop 60,000 yen on right now...... :confused:

60000 yen Chriselle? Don't you have a beast of a machine? That sounds very cheap.

I won't be buying Blizzaks this time so my wife found some cheaper ~15,000 per each of Toyo or Yokohama. I put them on a 15 inch rim so they are quite a bit cheaper than the 16 in. rims I have the BF Mud Terrains on.

For people wanting cheap or used tires or even used parts to fix your car

Taihei Tire is a great place to shop. I buy lots from them for cars im going

to use for a season or 2.

They look like a good resource. I'll have to sit down and go through their site. The one set of tires they have listed for my LCruiser are pretty pricey though.

Naruhodo!

:wave:

Actually thinking of going bottom barrel and getting some crap Hankook's for a season or two. I don't know how much longer I'm going to have the Cruiser for. I'm feeling a change coming on.. ;)