10/11 Site Updates: General info & discussion

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks veronica, has to be said we do get rather carried away with it! Half of the things we have done we didn't actually set out to do when we first started planning in April. Things just kind of evolved.

But once it goes online like now, it's exciting and worth it however exhausted we are right at the moment.

Hopefully a lot of people will find the new content to be of real use.

Things that you can do to help support us if you are so inclined:

- be friendly (and don't give us grief!);

- upload pics to SnowJapan, post them and reports from your travels;

- mention us when contacting people listed on our site (hotels etc), and hopefully use them in the first place;

- mention us to hotels/companies you like if you think they might be interested in being on SnowJapan;

- if you do download the App, please take a few seconds to give us a nice rating.

Stuff like that all helps.

Thank you.

friend

Just what other people said - fine work.

I can only imagine the collosal amount of time you guys have put into all this.

Hope you can take some sort of rest before continuing with those other things.

Well done.

PS Found a tiny mistake, have emailed you wink

Not much of the streetview stuff going on in Tohoku. I suppse that will gradually increase. Funny how there's so much of it in the small village of Zao though!

Really like the things you have done. Much cleaner and easier to find things in the main sections.

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks again for the comments coming in - appreciate it. friend

We have been fixing up some remaining issues and small errors that were left over. Hopefully there aren't more of those but we will be continuing to go through the new pages over the next week or so to make sure everything is in place.

Just a quick note as a few people have mentioned this.... today we have been "redirecting" lots of older versions of pages to the new pages and that is now pretty much done. So for example the old Niseko Places to Stay listing page now takes you directly to the new one etc

We've also been sifting through lots of pages that aren't included in our new version of the site and deleting those.

In some cases you will be taken to a holding page that directs you to the new site pages, like this

http://www.snowjapan.com/which-is-better-niseko-or-hakuba

wink

Thanks

I had a good look round the site before you made the updates to refamiliarise myself with it. Had another good look today and wow you really have re-worked it all and it is so much more cleaner and well laid out etc. The updates are really great.

Do you do work like this in-house or get help, if you don't mind me asking?

• SnowJapan Admin

Hi rach and thanks.

We needed outside help for the App - though it got to feeling like we were doing it, long story - but apart from that all the other work is done in-house.

friend