Hi All,

in another topic i've say that i'll come for my first japan snowtrip.

I've buy air ticket with a StarAlliance partner and i can benefit the regional discount fares for japan area(near 10000Y per person + tax, one way).

Looking various lowcost jp airlines i've see that with skymark the price are veryvery cheap if you can book exactly 2 months ago your trip.

It's a good price but on website i've read the limit of 15kg for bagagge and extra cost for sport luggage.

I've also see that on website (english website) there aren't prices for extrabagagge/extra-kg and there are only some telephone number (no email).

Anyone can say me some information about that?

Ps for the bargain fares are some limitation of not japanese citizens or similar?

Thank's for all!!!

They were good - no frills airline. I took a snowboard bag with me, had two boards in it, boots, helmet and all of my clothes and they only charged me 1,000yen for it.

I checked it in at the counter at Haneda airport on the day. If you are staying in Tokyo either side of the holiday, you could always use a service called "takyubin" to send it up to Hokkaido hotel/back down to Tokyo on a nexy day service.

Did that on the return journey as I didn't want to carry it around Sapporo and it only cost 1,800yen to Yokohama.

Thank's Rob:D

I'll arrive in Osaka and spend my 2 first day there, after we'll go to niseko for some days and we're thinking to go or teine (or some other mountain near sapporo) or in asahikawa area.

Mhmmm takybubin is only for journey trip? or i can use oneway only if you know?

In fact - best thing to do, is when you arrive in Osaka, send the boards up by Takyubin - either Yamato/Kuroneko or Sagawa or Seino (I prefer Yamato - better customer service wink ) - from the airport to the hotel where you are staying at.

oki biggrin

The rates i can find in service&rate are for one way (2100 kansai region to hokkaido)?

i'm trying also to understand skymark tariff, and in case if i can book extrabagage from italy

Takkyubin is absolutely the way to go. As I recall, as you exit customs at Kansai Airport, the takkyubin counter is to your right about 50m. There's choice of a few companies, but they're all good. Have the exact address of your accommodation ready.

Then it's a 100m walk to the train for your 70 min trip into Kyoto. Trains and takkyubin - prime examples of why Japan often feels like the most advanced country on the planet.

Cost is minimal, but whatever it is, the joy of dumping all your heavy gear, and then seeing it in your room when you arrive after travelling around as a light as a feather is priceless. Even if you could take it on the plane with you to Hokkaido, why would you?

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Originally Posted By: grazza
prime examples of why Japan often feels like the most advanced country on the planet.

You've never actually lived here have you? lol

True dat. But I do live in Sydney, home of public transport apocalypso.

I spose you see the warts up close, but for my three weeks a year, I'm always impressed. And Takkyubin and the train system are seriously good. Such an easy country to travel in.

I don't think GN is disputing your assertion about the Japanese Public Transport system, probably more the statement that its one of th reasons the Japan feels like "the most advanced country on the planet".......next time you're here, try asking for no ice in your cola from McDonalds and see how "advanced" you think Japan is! wink

hi rob, thank's but no news:-(

on website

Reservation & Flight status Exclusive late booking

050-3116-7370 050-3116-7380

We have Japanese staff only.

"Japanese staff only" is my problem biggrin

i'm googleing for some hidden email, unluckly for now biggrin

Hey, giogio.

I had a look at the japanese site.

Snowboard is extra 1000 YEN. and size limit doesn't apply.

The baggage have a size limit, and the baggage total is 3 pieces. (I don't know if the snowboard is counted in this 3) and total under 45 kg.

Over 15 kg, it's 500 YEN for each 10kg after. If you are 12kg over, that's counted as 20kg over, so +1000 YEN

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Hey, giogio.
I had a look at the japanese site.
Snowboard is extra 1000 YEN. and size limit doesn't apply.
The baggage have a size limit, and the baggage total is 3 pieces. (I don't know if the snowboard is counted in this 3) and total under 45 kg.
Over 15 kg, it's 500 YEN for each 10kg after. If you are 12kg over, that's counted as 20kg over, so +1000 YEN

Thank's Jynxx you're the MAN biggrin
  • 1 month later...