Originally Posted By: RobBright
Follow live on BBC

Good luck to these guys - apparently they have all agreed not to talk about the first 17days to anyone.

What possibly happened?

I can only imagine.
17 days not knowing if anyone was looking for them, if they would ever be located or rescued...
Poor B@st@rds.
I hope the rescue goes flawlessly.

Perhaps being slightly cynical, but I wonder how long their "agreements" last.

I suppose they are miners so used to spaces underground, but 10 minutes down there would freak me out.

Well lets just take a moment to focus on the positive here that all these guys are likely to live, although if working at underground mines has taught me only one thing, its not over until its over. It would have been hideous down there after about a week as they probably assumed after such a delay no one was coming. That could break any man. 10/10 for them hanging in there, no matter how. That situation is my second worse nightmare when U/G. The worse is sudden water in rush.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
1st guy out

actually shed a tear.

Was watching it live while I did the ironing (I have lots of ironing) and I have to admit that I also shed a tear - really choked up actually especially watching his little boy.

10 out now - after 70 days. For those that have never been underground when you turn off all the lights its so dark you cant see your hand 6 inches from your face. I'm claustrophobic and must say in some of the tighter parts my heart races. That rescue cage would scare the crap out of me.