Backpack or Wheelie Bag for 2010 Travels????

My husband and I have been doing ski holidays for years but for this particular trip we just can't decide what luggage to take... We will be having a 3 week stay traveling through Hokkaido & then continuing on to Europe for 3 weeks with our boards, before sending them back home & continuing our travels. We have both travelled through Japan, but not through Europe so we're unsure what to expect. confused

HELP PLEASE... wakaranai

Backpacks or Wheelie bag????????????????????????

We lug the snowboard bags through Japan, but we left them home and hired in Europe - mainly because we were touring for 6 weeks and boarding for 2 - and mostly via trains. Too hard with 6 of us. We packed our boots etc into the wheelie suitcases.

Sorry mate, refering to checked in luggage(main). Thinking either backpack each ( + 2 x small board bags/sleeves) or our burton wheelie sub x 1 ( + 2 x small board bags/sleeves)

3 weeks Jap, then through Europe i.e. Switzerland, Austria, Italy and possible France (boarding), then we'll send our gear home and off to Thailand for some sun!!!!!!!!!!!! Mostly motel style accommodation coolmirrors

Whatcha thoughts...

I guess it depends on how much walking you'll be doing. If its planes, then taxis to hotels then no back packs per say but if you foresee lots of transit legs with planes, trains and automobiles (lol) back packs with small easy to carry sleeves would be easier.

Im a hopeless packer sometimes and drag a long Dakine board bag and also a large wheelie bag and a carry on bag - bit of a bitch in train stations etc but totally manageable.

If you are taking a few boards and have pretty straight forward travel arrangements then roller it all up with smaller back packs (carry on) filled with all your heavy crap to keep ya under weight lol.

Hope this is of some help matey.

SMP?? You guys hooked up with them?