Hey guys, I've searched for a topic about this but didn't find one.

Is there anywhere in Shiga Kogen to rent high end powder skis? I've contacted the two hotels I'm considering staying at (Alpen Glow and Villa Alpen), but Alpen Glow won't respond to my emails and Villa Alpen told me they don't have any powder skis. I'm from Colorado, currently living in Taiwan, and back home I would ride on Volkl Gotamas and am wondering if I can find anything similar in Shiga. Or, am I better off renting in Tokyo?

There's a store at the back of the Prince hotel that has a good range of current seasons skis from K2 - Darkside, Obsethed, Hellbents ect.

It was the only place up there i found with decent gear, i was there 2 years ago in March and the dude had next years skis already.

True, lots of deals in Jinbocho. Saw Rossi S3s with bindings for 44,000 yen today. London's good; so is Sports Crew for powder skis, and actually Victoria isn't bad on pricing (just don't expect much from the part-time staff).

I don't think I want to buy skis, as I could just have my Volkls mailed out to me from Colorado (they're pretty new skis too). Don't really want to deal with extra costs + hassles transporting skis since we're also planning on doing non-skiing stuff while in Japan, too.

That's where the best Japanese service out of a raft of brilliant Japanese services comes in. P Schumacher, let us introduce you to the wonderful world of takkyubin. Tour the country effortlessly with only a wallet and a change of undies in your day pack, while all your heavy gear rumbles on ahead of you to await your arrival, all for the grand price of two fifths of bugger all. Sublime.