Doubt it is what it is labelled as, in fact, outright don't believe it... some blogger makes an absurd claim and it goes viral.

Besides it looks yummy like strawberry ice-cream.

Originally Posted By: Tex
Doubt it is what it is labelled as, in fact, outright don't believe it... some blogger makes an absurd claim and it goes viral.

Besides it looks yummy like strawberry ice-cream.

I believe it, I have seen this stuff first hand.

OK folks. Apparently this is what it is:

"This is mechanically separated chicken. Chickens are turned into this goop so we can create delicious chicken nuggets and juicy chicken patties. It's obscenely gross and borderline alien but it's not going to stop me from eating nuggets.

There's more: because it's crawling with bacteria, it will be washed with ammonia, soaked in it, actually. Then, because it tastes gross, it will be reflavored artificially. Then, because it is weirdly pink, it will be dyed with artificial color.

Yeah, that's just disgusting. But I can't shake my roots. I'm a chicken nugget fan (and all around fast food guy) for life."

Of course ... most places are not that bad. The wierdos who post that sort of shit pick the most revolting footage to display. The majority of chicken processing places are nowhere nearly as revolting.

Mind you, I would NEVER eat McNuggets - they'd be the epitome of processed crap. The only resemblance to "chicken" is in the name. (oh, and the artificial colour and flavour).

@Mama - Bwahahahaha! rollabout

Sadistic old man you are JA wink

I have never really been comfortable with inhumane food processing.

I like to feel that even though we farm animals for food that they have been treated well and had a comfortable life before being slaughtered quickly and with some decency.

I am definitely a free range egg buying, free range no hormone chicken buying consumer - but there are plenty of times when things you buy actually have origins in less than perfect situations (thinking restaurants etc) and at those times...ignorance is bliss.