Commonwealth Games India 2010

Has anyone been following this ?

Indeed does anyone still follow the commonwealth games at all?

Things are shaping up as a real disaster for India. First there was a pedestrian bridge collapse, then the roof of the wrestling stadium collapsed, two tourists have been shot dead, an outbreak of dengue fever and now this.

"There are stray dogs on beds, shit in rooms." It's all OK though because.

"It is not such a big issue we should be ashamed of. Westerners have different standards of hygiene."

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just sounds like a complete mess and lost showcase opportunity given that India is on the rise as an economic power. Shame, China must be having a good laugh when comparing this to their Olympic fiesta.

It's really sad that they've stuffed up this badly - a few days ago it seems people were only concerned about a slum in delhi being demolished (not too bad in the way of publicity considering this happened in Bejing for the Olympics and Shanghai for the world fair) but now all of this other stuff is coming out

Thank goodness this happened before the games started huh.

Apparently sky tv here in NZ will have 5 dedicated channels for the games, but I probably won't watch any of it.

Didn't even know it was on until now....

One thing I do know after being to Delhi twice previously is that it truly is the most disgusting city I've ever been to in my life. If it wasn't a bit of a hub to access the Himalayas I surely wouldn't set foot in that hell on earth ever again.

And Mantas I truly hope you don't make a habit of using The Daily Telegraph for you news. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel there for crappy tabloid journalism!

Originally Posted By: Davo
just sounds like a complete mess and lost showcase opportunity given that India is on the rise as an economic power. Shame, China must be having a good laugh when comparing this to their Olympic fiesta.

Why would China be having a good laugh. Nobody knows about or would give a shit about this non-event. There are much more important things to pay attention to. Like when that painted wall will dry.

You commonwealth people are in your own little world.
Originally Posted By: Go Native

And Mantas I truly hope you don't make a habit of using The Daily Telegraph for you news. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel there for crappy tabloid journalism!

Well you know us Aussies GN. Gulable and stupid. Happy to jump on any band wagon that comes along.

Actually I didn't even realise it was The daily Telegraph until you said. Just offering up something other to read. Didn't think the source (or the content) were that important really.
Originally Posted By: Mantas
It's a real shame for India.
It must be so hard for a third world country to lift itself out of poverty when any opportunity to progress is choked with bureaucracy and corruption.

New Zealand has the same struggles. We can't even afford to host another commonwealth games.
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Hope they fix this shite up before she gets there snowhuntress!!!
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/photogal...selectedImage=1

Um, how many people have used those pillows before? They look like they were sold to the organisers by a hotel. Super wrinkly. I have five year old pillows that are in better condition that those

Oh, and there's shit on the mattress, that's gross

I work with an educated Indian bloke - he said the whole thing is the result of corruption, which is rife in India. Once the Ministers take their share, and the so-called contracts are given out to their relatives/mates, who also take a cut, the work is done on the cheap - materials like the reo in the concrete, etc are cut-back.

Work that should've been done by excavators and bobcats are done by men with hoes and women with baskets!

It's not helped by a Prime Minister who simply walks around with a dumb smile on his face - that little prick is so ineffectual, I'm surprised some nut-job hasn't sent him off for reincarnation.

The member counties should boycott the Games - put it right up the corrupt government. Maybe the slap in the face may wake them up.