32 degrees in Tokyo - first snow in Hokkaido!

Originally Posted By: snowdude
So far November in this part has seen average or below average temps everyday except the first 2 days of this month so far that is.

Where are you snowdude? Most of the country so far has had above average temps this Nov. Interesting that your area hasn't.
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping to head up to Kurodake as well. Haven't heard anything from the guys around here if it's on or not yet. There's snow up there so I'd assume they'll be opening this weekend.

Originally Posted By: MagSeven
Are any of the hills in Hokkaido going to open this weekend? I'm hoping to head up to Kurodake....

Good to see you are on here man :), just a month or so more, how's Sapporo?

GN...looks like the BD lodge is postponing their party so I don't think it's still going on there.
Originally Posted By: Go Native
Originally Posted By: snowdude
So far November in this part has seen average or below average temps everyday except the first 2 days of this month so far that is.

Where are you snowdude? Most of the country so far has had above average temps this Nov. Interesting that your area hasn't.

I am in Yamanashi, and yes this month the temps have been either about average or slightly below average.
The reason I am sure about what I say is because I record the day and night temps every day and compare them with the monthly average for this area, so far Nov is .5oC below average.

Up until October here like everywhere else has had above average temps.

I am using JWA's monthly averages as a guide line to compare my recorded temps with.

I calculate the average temp for Kofu in Nov is 9.6 and so far this Nov it's averaged 10.2. In Kawaguchiko I calculate the average at 6.8 and so far it's averaged 7.3. So yeah pretty close to average, especially as you'd expect the first half of the month to be warmer than the average and the 2nd half to be colder. With pretty mild weather forecast for at least the next week though I suspect we'll end up with with a warmer than average Nov over much of the country but especially in northern areas.

Most areas of Hokkaido will have one warmer Novembers on record I suspect.

Originally Posted By: MitchPee
Originally Posted By: MagSeven
Are any of the hills in Hokkaido going to open this weekend? I'm hoping to head up to Kurodake....

Good to see you are on here man :), just a month or so more, how's Sapporo?

GN...looks like the BD lodge is postponing their party so I don't think it's still going on there.

Hey buddy! Not too long for you now eh?

All good here. Hoping to get on snow tomorrow, but not sure.

I think the BD party was postponed from the 6th, which is when Kurodake was originally intending to open. I've heard from a few people that they think tomorrow is the day, but nothing confirmed, and the website says nothing. Daytime temps have been fairly high the past couple of days. Hmmmm...

Don't think I'll make it this weekend. Just haven't got myself organised. If I was going to go it would be tonight but as I hadn't heard anything definite about what's happening I haven't got anything ready. It's quite a long drive from here!