• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some geeks writing this one off for it's lack of HDMI 2 and the newer wireless standard?   I have no idea the implications there, but thought I'd pass it on.

It was extremely funny, well done.

it was a top of the line TV and after 9 months a piece inside sparked, then smoked, then died.

Under warranty they took it away and loaned me a much smaller, knackered, screen burnt, speaker tinned unit. My TV took 2 weeks to fix and return and hummed on start up (hum as in noise and not smell).

• 4 months later...

Well, looks like a need to make a decision.

The TV we have, the one Sony kindly gave to us as a replacement for one that broke 6 years ago....seems to have broken itself.

No picture and no sound, so pretty useless.

In a way, it will be fun having to choose a new telly.

Panasonic were convinced plasma technology was far better than LCD. So much so, they built 3 massive factories to build large plasmas. Subsequently, LCD and more OLED technologies have become cheaper to manufacture and in doing so have almost wiped the floor with the plasma camp.

Can you hold on for another year or so? If so, then you're in the marvelous world of affordable 4K TVs.

If not, there will be very cheap plasmas coming on soon.

I was checking out some of those huge 4K TVs at the weekend.

The Sony one looks well wicked. As there's not much 4K content, I suppose the upgrading of Blu-Ray will be the main eye candy. Sure looked good.

Actually they all do, I'd have any of them.

I think for now it will be the 55" Sony KDL-55W900A.

Looked like a beautiful picture.

Can get it for spot on 200K with 5 years insurance and delivery.

Then, perhaps in a year or two, that can shuffle off to the bedroom to be replaced by a 4K.

Going to run that past the lady tonight.