• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some geeks writing this one off for it's lack of HDMI 2 and the newer wireless standard?   I have no idea the implications there, but thought I'd pass it on.

It was extremely funny, well done.

When my brother in law went to uni, before he was my brother in law, he had this poxey 12 inch B/W TV with a loop aerial and a knob tuner. You had to turn the knob to tune to a station. What a piece of shit. And he kept it for a few more years after graduation and earning some money.

we had one of those in our bedroom when I was a kid. We'd play computer games on it as well....which made playing Sensible Soccer difficult as both teams could look the same. Our aerial jack was broken though so we had to stick a wire coat hanger in the back and try and find the signal :)

I was reading about the recommended distance between tv and size of tv.

Was rather shocked to see that if you are 4m from the TV, a 65 incher is recommended! :veryshocked:

By the manufacturers who want us to buy big sets perhaps?!? 65 is huge, right?

the thing is in the showroom one unit always looks better than the other.

once you get home the only unit is yours so it looks good I have 4 and in every room they look good buy the best value for money and you will be fine (PS 3D is bollocks) smart TV is the bomb

Makes a difference too if it is for a dedicated tv/movie room or a general purpose lounge I suppose. Dedicated home theater room then bigger, maybe stick with a 40 - 50 inch for a normal lounge.

Looks good and Sony have always been a decent brand although very pricey.

I remeber buying my 59cm rear Projection Trinitron for $899 bloody expensive TV 15 years ago and we only just left it out for bulk rubbish collection for someone to steal.

I went to a big Telly shop today.

My oh my they are big now aren't they.

QUESTION......if they are pushing the same number of pixels, aren't the bigger ones going to suffere image quality?

:confused:

(They all looked pretty snazzy to me, just wondering how that works)

it is indeed the pixel/inch formula. If HD, (1920 x 1080) pixels are around 2 mil. Then the pixel density for a 50 inch would be greater than for a 60 inch display with the same number of pixels.

Then move onto the 4K screens.