• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: RobBright
But if the number of skiers drops to unsustainable levels, then they might have to market to snowboarders, no?

Well, you would expect a business to adapt to the current situation, of course.

SJ1 just mentioned above that Naspa have been doing pretty good out of it.

Perhaps rather than being ignorant, that makes them wise for recognising a niche market and providing for it.

Quote:
But why do they cater to skiers? Perhaps they feel that snowboarders are dangerous, which indicates ignorance if they decided to lump all snowboarders together due to a minority group.

Or perhaps they realise that there is a considerable number of skiers who - for whatever reason - prefer to ski somewhere without snowboarders.

Perhaps some peoples refusal to accept that reality makes them the ignorant ones.

A small place like Naspa Ski Garden cannot hope to compete with a huge skijo like nearly Kagura or Naeba in terms of size and facilities.

Their slopes are good for families and the like, and so they decided to market it as a skiers-only hill. That way they can actually distinguish themselves from all the other places and appeal to the people who find that appealing.

And apparently do it quite successfully.

Don't like it? Just move on and go somewhere else. All but a few resorts in Japan allow you moaning snowboarders, so just go there. If a place like Naspa ever opens up to snowboarders, boycott it. I'm sure they'll be gutted.

Originally Posted By: p_schumacher
I'm reviving this thread to ask a question about Alpen Glow lodge.

Does anyone know if Alpen Glow has vegetarian options for breakfast/lunch? I've emailed them and they haven't gotten back to me.

I assume a lot of places are enjoying their own holidays at the moment so may be away from email etc. If its a pressing issue maybe fire up skype and call them? Its cheap as chips to call anyone on the planet using it.