The 10/11 Japan winter snow prediction thread. Hurray!

It is going to be a deeply deep winter.

A jellyfish off the coast of Joetsu told me yesterday.

And the old guy next door promises me that after a madly hot summer, it's a very snowy winter. I believe him.

Not consulted the kamemushi yet, but they usually only come out to play in autumn anyway.

(Isn't it time for your prediction, snowdude?)

wave

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no Snowdude but here's mine.

Huge Dump Dec 31. Followed by more snow and blue sky days.

Huge Dump Feb 22. Followed by more snow and blue sky days.

Huge Dump April 16. Followed by more snow and blue sky days.

Of this I am certain. Dont argue with me Im a Scientist! smile smile

I can go with a dump 31 Dec, so long as there's been a decent base built up before that, and the stuff stays around until 31 Jan (or gets a good few refills between times)

Anyone with a direct line to the snow god? Please put that is as an order for me. wink

Well I reckon piste maps need to hit the freezer NOW!

The Aussie guys started stashing thiers in the freezer at the start of the season, and look what it got them. SFA until NOW. So lets get them in there now people.

in another thread I mentioned that I have already spied Jellyfish in the water of Yokohama harbour and when asked about what this means for the snow this year, this is what I said......

Quote:
well I took this information next door to the old lady with the giant bunions, she shaved a few flakes off them, added them to some ear wax and tea and drank them, the resulting visions of God informed her that its going to be a VERY snowy year
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
in another thread I mentioned that I have already spied Jellyfish in the water of Yokohama harbour and when asked about what this means for the snow this year, this is what I said......

Quote:
well I took this information next door to the old lady with the giant bunions, she shaved a few flakes off them, added them to some ear wax and tea and drank them, the resulting visions of God informed her that its going to be a VERY snowy year

I do prefer to toast the bunions before hand. Tends to give more accurate information like the season starting date of the 28th of November. And yes I got "VERY snowy year" as well.
Originally Posted By: Slippery Jim
As I walked to the station this morning, a crow looked up from the trash bag he was investigating and said ``WROD! WROD!''
I'm going to sharpen the edges of my rock skis.
Now now....that kind of language does not belong in this thread!
Originally Posted By: thursday
I predict snowdude will get it wrong again. Just like last year, and the year before and the......

Actually I got it right the past two years if you look back at my predictions!!!!

And yes I will give a prediction for this coming winter soon!

But I'm sure everyone will tell me I am wrong anyway, regardless!!
One thing I know is that I have been more accurate then the pros.
Although I hadn't mentioned it here I had actually predicted a long hot summer this year!
Anyway I will be putting out my prediction again this year!

snowdude your forecast for last winter was

Quote:
Well it's that time of year again when I dish out my winter forecaat.

In a few words this winter is going to be a very cold and snowy winter!

Unlike last year much clearer signs all pointing to a very cold winter!

Your main point being that it was going to be a 'very' cold winter. Fact is it was at or slightly above average temperatures over much of the country for most of the winter. The biggest departures from the average were in Hokkaido in Jan with much of the island having significantly above ave temps and the bottom half of Honshu in Feb was well above average.

Snowfall around the country was reasonable but apart from some isolated areas was mostly around average or below.

I'm honestly not sure how you decide that you got it right. Do you even look at any statistics of the actual temperatures and snowfalls and compare them to the average to work out if your prediction was correct? Or do you just go with some sort of gut feel?? It felt pretty cold so you must have been right?

This belief in the infallibility of your forecasts just isn't backed up by reality!

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Not trying to discourage people from making predictions, just find it interesting when they claim they got it right when demonstrably they did not...

Perhaps it was tongue-in-cheek?

Come on, no fair, you cannot try and predict weather without a little over confidence. How depressing otherwise. It is the weather after all razz . I watch all the TV weather dudes and dudettes and wonder what drugs they are taking to make some of the calls they do. I am pretty good with our local weather, but the blind faith they put out there at times is pretty funny, computer models you understand.

They just come back smiling the next night like it never happened.

Keep it up Snowdude - I believe ya (as long as it is good news that is). smile