• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do they seem to be speaking together and then holding hands at the end of their speeches as if they are good mates?

confused

It's all in the clenched fist gambaro action at the end. The one who does that the best should win.

Apparently there is a bit of a fuss over the fact that foreigners can be members of the party who vote in this leadership election, thereby having a say in who becomes PM. Expect to hear more on this one!

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Well consider the DPJ are pushing for foreigners with PR to have a vote, then why shouldn't we?

The other guys aren't though are they?
Originally Posted By: KevKastle
Surely I'm misunderstanding --- Ozawa just said today that he wants to make more expressways and "improve infrastructure"?

Yep. He is gonna put a station in at Kutchan.

There is a new Tomei expressway being built to connect Tokyo and Osaka. For almost the entire length as it passes through Shizuoka (and probably other prefectures) it runs exactly parallel to the existing Tomei expressway. It is located less than 5 kms north of the existing Tomei and at certain points they are within a few 100 meters of each other. If you haven't driven on it before the existing Tomei is a massive expressway. The only time I've seen it congested is during peak holidays (same as any highway anywhere in Japan). Of the 100s of times I've driven on it I've never encountered a single traffic jam. The projected completion date of the new Tomei is 2020, same as that silly Hokkaido shinkansen. In yen the cost is 70 trillion.

You can find a lot of info about it by googling Tomei Expressway.