• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

youre pricey! i can make my own snow pit for much less.

Anyway, ask me in feb how much i paid and if i enjoyed my place. I liked it last year enough to go back there again! I just need their email and im all set smile

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted By: acpowman
Originally Posted By: Tex
Originally Posted By: MikePow
When you pick up the season pass you can pay the additional cost. It was 1,000 yen last time I did it.

Thanks Mike! So only available with a season pass? I wont have a season pass but want to get the Hirafu club Membership....

Yep only available with a season pass Tex.

Anyone get the Hirafu club Membership this season?
When I purchase a season pass, do I simply ask the staff about it then, or is it more complicated than that? Anyone know?
Originally Posted By: ippy
Thought it would be rather rude to start another niseko thread for this one:

Accommodation options in the place. Yeah i know! ive looked at the snowjapan list. Its frankly hideoulsy expensive!!!!

What? the korean won is worth nothing in japan (and its probably worth much less after today!) My extraordinary wages are turned to monopoly money the second i land at new chitose! DONT JUDGE ME!!!

So er...

smile

I remember last year the two places rumoured to have the cheapest accommodation was mellow and ramble. Ive sent mellow an email, but cant find ramble's email address. Anyone got it?

Also, this came from one poor girl at some place like downtown lodge in hirafu with a broken ankle. She might not have known for sure. So remember the code you bums and drifters out there and help another bum out smile Any other likely places for the proud underclass of niseko?

Check out Aspara lodge, found it the other day when looking for cheap accommodation. Its a little out of Hirafu but it is in your price range.
I don't know anything about it except for the price so this isn't a recommendation bud!
Originally Posted By: sand

When I purchase a season pass, do I simply ask the staff about it then, or is it more complicated than that? Anyone know?

Just ask when getting the season pass. They'll usually ask you actually.
Originally Posted By: Soft Landings

Check out Aspara lodge, found it the other day when looking for cheap accommodation. Its a little out of Hirafu but it is in your price range.
I don't know anything about it except for the price so this isn't a recommendation bud!

Cheers dude, definitely on the list. Getting a bit close though now. So i reckon im just gonna turn up at ramble on the saturday when i arrive and see if theres anything doing. If i fail there ill have a look at aspara too. I have accommodation at powder lodge until the 13th (and have my avi course 11th and 12th) so if nothings available ill just get a train to asahikawa or furano and see whats up smile Could be messy razz

plans are for bureaucrats! Fly by the seat of your pants! If it all goes a bit wrong, ill just go to asahikawa for a night, crash at a business hotel and play in kamui. I can think of worse ways to screw up. smile

I did that back when I spent a season in Canada many years ago. Just turned up to this town that I'd read receives some of the biggest snowfalls in Canada and luckily within 3 days had organised a job (working for a heli-ski company) and accommodation for the season. Was one of the best winters I've ever had. Not as good snow as Niseko though wink

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Originally Posted By: sand

Just ask when getting the season pass. They'll usually ask you actually.

Thank you for the info thumbsup

last year i did the same thing. Turned up at around 10pm at niseko station during the chinese new year holiday (i decided i needed to make use of the damn 21 day JR pass and was at zao, so what the hey). I walked out into this empty car park and an onsen about to close for the night and thinking "i bet i shouldnt have got off here!"

(i didnt even plan enough to realise you get off at KUTCHAN not niseko).

Walked to the onsen, asked the woman where the mountain was, she was an absolute gem and ran about scoring me accommodation at annupuri. Next day caught the shuttle-bus to hirafu, hunted around thinking it was all going a bit wrong and couldnt find anything, when i stumbled into a hostel to find a girl with a broken ankle. She gave me a map of niseko and told me to go check out mellow and ramble. Mellow didnt pay off, so i was resigning myself to getting back on a train and heading to tokyo when i popped into ramble to find not only accommodation, but dirt bloody cheap accommodation! Probably the cheapest in hirafu! wheee!

I reckon im due a karmic comeuppance this year. :( Still, its nice that stuff just sort of comes together like that.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
I did that back when I spent a season in Canada many years ago. Just turned up to this town that I'd read receives some of the biggest snowfalls in Canada and luckily within 3 days had organised a job (working for a heli-ski company) and accommodation for the season. Was one of the best winters I've ever had. Not as good snow as Niseko though wink

but was it bottomless? wink
Originally Posted By: ippy
I reckon im due a karmic comeuppance this year. :( Still, its nice that stuff just sort of comes together like that.

I don't think so ippy.
If you head out with little or no expectations, happy to just be there and experience what is, then you should always find joy.

It is only when you have high expectations, immaculately laid plans and no flexibility or sense of humor that you will be disappointed.

Hope you have a ball, and always land on your feet and in a warm bed biggrin

well, that... and when you decide to hitch on christmas eve from newcastle to kilmarnock to surprise your family and end up stuck at morpeth for 3 hours in the pouring rain before getting a lift as far as alnwick... and then getting stuck there for another 2 or 3 hours before deciding to walk up the road to berwick in the hope someone (even the police) would pick you up.

They didnt.

My sister eventually came out to get me around 1am after id walked almost the entire length of the A1, and then about two hours later she skidded off the road and into a ditch. Ah, happy times! smile