• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As far as it being a ski/boarding movie it's pretty crap actually. I usually like more stylised movies but all those quick cuts, inverted shots and cg make it seem like watching a trailer for a movie

Just started watching 'Out of the Shadows' from dendrite studios.   Excellent so far. You can download it from their site on the interweb.

The full length version of White Noise is available on Vimeo now. Unfortunately, it can be embedded but if you search it out I promise you won't be disappointed. Very good indeed.

I just got Level 1 productions 'Sunny'.

It is really good, so far, haven't finished it completely. It's got a big section from Japan too, urban stuff in Sapporo until the police shut them down, then on to Niseko I think.

There is a nice read about their Sapporo urban stuff in this months Freeskier mag.

But definately an entertaining movie. An interesting take on skiing in Japan, but it is IMO a bit strange to fly half way around the world to a snow sports destination renouned for its pow just to ski urban.

I just got Level 1 productions 'Sunny'.

It is really good, so far, haven't finished it completely. It's got a big section from Japan too, urban stuff in Sapporo until the police shut them down, then on to Niseko I think.

There is a nice read about their Sapporo urban stuff in this months Freeskier mag.

But definately an entertaining movie. An interesting take on skiing in Japan, but it is IMO a bit strange to fly half way around the world to a snow sports destination renouned for its pow just to ski urban.

Yep, i have the new freeskier mag as well, I spotted a lot of bits in the video which were the same photoshoots used in the magazine.

That's the impression I had too, until they left Sapporo, and said, 'there is just so much snow, we'd be stupid to keep hitting rails' and then they get into the real skiing ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched "The White Silk Road", a movie / doco about 3 Aussies snowboarding in Afganistan.

Norcal, if you are reading this, stay safe out there.

That looks good

Whered you get it from?

seemore

Just watched "The White Silk Road", a movie / doco about 3 Aussies snowboarding in Afganistan.

That looks good

Whered you get it from?

seemore

I got it from mainpeak

Thanks surfarthur. Pretty cool trailer, I'll try to check it out. I'd like to see this country get its stuff together, but even if (their) war ended today, they would still have many years of catching up to do with the rest of the world. Good luck to them.

I watched Absinthe - Resonance on the weekend, some good shots, but not as well done as some of their older films (I loved Neverland, Twelve and NoWhere).

I've still got the latest Isenseven movie (Fool's Gold) to watch. I hope it's as good as Don't Panic.