• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As far as it being a ski/boarding movie it's pretty crap actually. I usually like more stylised movies but all those quick cuts, inverted shots and cg make it seem like watching a trailer for a movie

Just started watching 'Out of the Shadows' from dendrite studios.   Excellent so far. You can download it from their site on the interweb.

The full length version of White Noise is available on Vimeo now. Unfortunately, it can be embedded but if you search it out I promise you won't be disappointed. Very good indeed.

Originally Posted By: thursday
Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
started watching Frozen last night and nearly pulled my eyes out and then stuffed them into my ears... yeah, its that good...

Was it good? I skipped it 'cos I thought it was more a naff thriller than a snow movie.

Was like watching 'Paranormal Activity' for me. After about 5 mins I wanted them all to die.

Don't waste your time.
started watching Frozen last night and nearly pulled my eyes out and then stuffed them into my ears... yeah, its that good...

A little stock video of a generic Colorado resort, then three unknown actors sitting on a chairlift in a studio for some 90 minutes. Looks real high-budget, that one. lol

The new Warren Miller movie, "Wintervention". is in town next month so I'll probably catch that. They're def not as good as they used to be. I think I saw the one 2 years ago and it was so so. But it's still a fun unofficial start to the season. And the swag you get with it pays out well. Around here we get a 2 for 1 Whistler ticket biggrin

Originally Posted By: ger

A little stock video of a generic Colorado resort, then three unknown actors sitting on a chairlift in a studio for some 90 minutes. Looks real high-budget, that one. lol

Needs a car chase.

in some of the movies where they are doing tricks off of the street and buildings, my balls just shrink up into my body.....some of that stuff makes me cringe as I imagine the pain that they'll feel if it goes wrong!! Some of the bloopers I can only watch through my fingers!! omg

• 2 weeks later...

I watched it last night and have to concur. It's not enjoyable as a B-movie. It takes itself to seriously.
  • 4 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Schneebored
Got my hands on a copy of TGR's DEEPER. Good film, nice to see someone looking at riding differently and avoiding choopers and ski mobiles.

really looking forward to this when/if it arrives. Purchased it with the Light The Wick BluRay which shipping is still listed as to be decided.

Have just watched that "Enjoyable State of Being" short - a good call!

To even things up, here's a link to a boarding vid from the Aesthetiker crew in Austria called "Soul & Progression" - sweet as!

http://www.aesthetiker.com/web09/flvplayer/show.php?ID=97

& I also love Signatures - for me it just sums up what Japan is all about!

Originally Posted By: Schneebored
Got my hands on a copy of TGR's DEEPER. Good film, nice to see someone looking at riding differently and avoiding choopers and ski mobiles.

Got Deeper and loved the new direction JJ has taken. He truly is an amazing rider, and a mountaineer in the true sense of the word after seeing this. Glad to see some athletes pushing themselves further.