Saw 'Warren Miller's Dynasty' the other month. Not bad, but never been a fan of Miller's doco style. The early movies with loads of fluro 1-pieces are classic though!

'That's it that's all' was pretty impressive.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As far as it being a ski/boarding movie it's pretty crap actually. I usually like more stylised movies but all those quick cuts, inverted shots and cg make it seem like watching a trailer for a movie

Just started watching 'Out of the Shadows' from dendrite studios.   Excellent so far. You can download it from their site on the interweb.

The full length version of White Noise is available on Vimeo now. Unfortunately, it can be embedded but if you search it out I promise you won't be disappointed. Very good indeed.

Quote:

Yeah I liked that as well. The Car Danchi series are pretty good too. Loads of footage of deep Japanese powder

In Deep (Matchstick productions)released last autumn, but only skiing unfortunately, is all good.

Waiting for the new Matchstick movie in September which has a scene from Niseko.

Also the new TGR movie, Light the Wick (trailors are about) coming in autumn looks really really sick, will be interested to see the 3D.

also see this thread:

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/359284/1.html

Cheers for the Link.

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Quote:

Yeah I liked that as well. The Car Danchi series are pretty good too. Loads of footage of deep Japanese powder

Any idea where I can get hold of the 'Car Danchi' movies in Aus, they look really interesting?

Originally Posted By: Schneebored
Cheers for the Link.

Quote:

Any idea where I can get hold of the 'Car Danchi' movies in Aus, they look really interesting?

Amzon.co.jp
  • 1 month later...

I just watched 'Lets go get lost' or some such crap and was really disappointed. If you want to see an extended super stylized and pretentious music video with some dudes doing flips and loads of rail slides then this is the movie for you!

Also watched 'Signatures' again and was ready to jump on a plane and move to Hokkaido...

Just watched Signatures as well.......wow!!

I said to my mrs, "Thats it, I'm putting my foot down!! We ARE moving to Hokkaido", she just said "No we're not, don't be stupid" doh

goddamned my strong willed, having-me-under-the-thumb lady!!

Originally Posted By: thursday
Wanted to buy Signatures. They no ship to Hong Kong.

We just watched Signatures LOVED IT - GETTING IT - Already booked for next Japow Season!!!!

Thursday get them to ship it to me and I will forward it on for you. No Problems just pm me!!
Just watched Signatures as well.......wow!!
I said to my mrs, "Thats it, I'm putting my foot down!! We ARE moving to Hokkaido", she just said "No we're not, don't be stupid" doh

goddamned my strong willed, having-me-under-the-thumb lady!!

lol I hear ya, dude.
Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
started watching Frozen last night and nearly pulled my eyes out and then stuffed them into my ears... yeah, its that good...

Was it good? I skipped it 'cos I thought it was more a naff thriller than a snow movie.