• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As far as it being a ski/boarding movie it's pretty crap actually. I usually like more stylised movies but all those quick cuts, inverted shots and cg make it seem like watching a trailer for a movie

Just started watching 'Out of the Shadows' from dendrite studios.   Excellent so far. You can download it from their site on the interweb.

The full length version of White Noise is available on Vimeo now. Unfortunately, it can be embedded but if you search it out I promise you won't be disappointed. Very good indeed.

• 2 months later...

Watched it a while ago. Definitely an eye opener.

Holy crap it was. It really really was. I don't think I've seen a documentary about an injury in a sport or otherwise that did such a great job addressing it from all sides. Kevin is so lucky to have a caring extremely intelligent family that knows how to talk out their feelings without getting upset or yelling at them. It was really refreshing to see them talk about their concerns for him together at dinner. I hope my family can do that.

Also I'm going to buy a helmet.

Tomorrow.

The crash reel won best doco at the Melbourne international film festival last year. Really good doco albeit a sad one.

Met a guy who filmed parts of the documentary in a gondola at annupuri. Noted he wasn't wearing a helmet...

Watched it a while ago. Definitely an eye opener.

Holy crap it was. It really really was. I don't think I've seen a documentary about an injury in a sport or otherwise that did such a great job addressing it from all sides. Kevin is so lucky to have a caring extremely intelligent family that knows how to talk out their feelings without getting upset or yelling at them. It was really refreshing to see them talk about their concerns for him together at dinner. I hope my family can do that.

Also I'm going to buy a helmet.

Tomorrow.

I actually cried a few times while watching. When I was 18 I lost a good friend to a TBI from a motorcycle accident where I was first on the scene. It brought back some pretty bad memories for me.

Vice just released a documentary about Freeskiing, its history and the lead up to the Olympics which looks pretty interesting.

I haven't watched it yet as it was only released this morning. I'll post a link later when I have time

Vice just released a documentary about Freeskiing, its history and the lead up to the Olympics which looks pretty interesting.

I haven't watched it yet as it was only released this morning. I'll post a link later when I have time

Unfortunately, was more of the journey of a few of the US Olympic freeski athletes as they were trying to get on the US olympic team.

Some segments with Tana Hall expressing his dislike of the olympics...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKQWyJi2JZY

edit: I say unfortunately because I was hoping for more history, than following some athletes on the 2013 Dew Tour

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This looks interesting:

http://youtu.be/bQ46_8tYwls

This is a story of rising to the ultimate challenge. Having the courage to risk fatal exposure and the perseverance demanded on the quest for achievement. These are not solely physical feats, they are mental conquests.

From the creators of the award winning film “All.I.Can”, Sherpas Cinema is proud to present their newest feature film, Into The Mind. With stunning cinematography and groundbreaking storytelling techniques, the Sherpas blur the lines between dream state and reality, and immerse you into the mind of a common skier as he attempts to climb and ski the ultimate mountain. Innovative athlete segments are actually a glimpse into his dreamscape, each one harboring messages that help inform our hero’s current, real-life choices. As you experience the majesty of Alaska, Bolivia, the Himalaya and beyond, Into the Mind paints a philosophical portrait of human kind. How do we balance risk versus reward? Why are we inspired to rise to the challenges in our lives and what do we learn on this journey to attain them?

Has anyone mentioned "Into the Mind" yet?

It might be too artsy for some but the actual ski scenes that are in it are just incredible.

As far as it being a ski/boarding movie it's pretty crap actually. I usually like more stylised movies but all those quick cuts, inverted shots and cg make it seem like watching a trailer for a movie, rather than an actual feature length film. I could barely watch it from beginning to end without getting dizzy ;)

Watched this last weekend. Not enough skiing in it. When there was skiing it was great but I totally agree with Black Mountain, 4 of us watching it and we all were feeling dizzy all the way through!!