I watched The Brothers on th Run series recently, John and Eric Jackson travelling from Alaska to Chile by road, boarding, surfing and skating as they went. Features Jeremy Jones and Travis Rice, pretty cool series. About 15 10 minute episodes on YouTube

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As far as it being a ski/boarding movie it's pretty crap actually. I usually like more stylised movies but all those quick cuts, inverted shots and cg make it seem like watching a trailer for a movie

Just started watching 'Out of the Shadows' from dendrite studios.   Excellent so far. You can download it from their site on the interweb.

The full length version of White Noise is available on Vimeo now. Unfortunately, it can be embedded but if you search it out I promise you won't be disappointed. Very good indeed.

saw superheros of stoke today

not the greatest msp film, it felt very generic, but maybe just because it was trying to cover the history of msp films and history of extreme skiing.

but still worth seeing.

had some cool segments still, a pretty cool longer than usual chick segment, and some deep powder shots from Japan.

http://vimeo.com/46629807

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched 'Further'....that was a great film. Just for fun, I looked up 'Ultima Thule Lodge'....let's just say I won't be visiting that place anytime soon. Pricey.

... Just for fun, I looked up 'Ultima Thule Lodge'....let's just say I won't be visiting that place anytime soon. Pricey.

That's steep and i dont mean the terrain...

PS further is a top film.

I watched The Brothers on th Run series recently, John and Eric Jackson travelling from Alaska to Chile by road, boarding, surfing and skating as they went. Features Jeremy Jones and Travis Rice, pretty cool series. About 15 10 minute episodes on YouTube

Brothers on the run kept me going through the OZ spring, its a shame where it ended...

Watched Isenseven - Fools Gold and Burton - 13 on the weekend.

Fools Gold wasn't bad. Some ok scenes, though I don't really find straight rails that interesting.

13 was pretty nice. Some excellent bc kicker shots, and the only real jibbing/railing was Jeremy Jones and it was slide-transfer-slide-transfer-transition type stuff.

Both had decent enough soundtracks as well. No gangster rap or death metal ruining the show.

• 2 weeks later...

60 miles/100Km per hour would be my estimate. Downhill ski racers usually exceed 130 KPH and on a couple of course can top out at over 150KPH (thanks wikipedia). So I wouldn't think straight lining in the back country would be as high as that.

Just guessing, so could be very wrong though about that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey so that sequence at the beginning of this is my winter where he gets stuck on blue ice - they never show how he got out of there. Any ideas?

Global Warming :p ;)

Hey so that sequence at the beginning of this is my winter where he gets stuck on blue ice - they never show how he got out of there. Any ideas?

I thought he just turned and went for it.

Thats what I hope he did anyway :friend:

• 1 month later...

Decided to have the weekend off and catch up with some stuff around the house but ended up watching vids instead! :D

First up, for you skiers and/or GoPro lovers out there, check out this short Salomon Freeski clip - great footage and backing track...

Then a must-see for everyone - "We Ride" (The Story of Snowboarding) - 90 minutes but well worth it!! :thumbsup:

Happy viewing!

• 5 months later...