• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As far as it being a ski/boarding movie it's pretty crap actually. I usually like more stylised movies but all those quick cuts, inverted shots and cg make it seem like watching a trailer for a movie

Just started watching 'Out of the Shadows' from dendrite studios.   Excellent so far. You can download it from their site on the interweb.

The full length version of White Noise is available on Vimeo now. Unfortunately, it can be embedded but if you search it out I promise you won't be disappointed. Very good indeed.

ordered blu-ray of - 'we' a collection of individuals last week, waiting eagerly to watch it :)

really want to see 'attack of la nina', but can't seem to find a copy anywhere local and trying to support the industry..

As much as I dislike using iTunes, attack of lanina can be found on iTunes (at least in JP), I just got 'we' a collection of individuals last week in HD from iTunes as well.

ordered blu-ray of - 'we' a collection of individuals last week, waiting eagerly to watch it :)

really want to see 'attack of la nina', but can't seem to find a copy anywhere local and trying to support the industry..

As much as I dislike using iTunes, attack of lanina can be found on iTunes (at least in JP), I just got 'we' a collection of individuals last week in HD from iTunes as well.

Yeah I avoid itunes like the plague, I own zero apple products and plan to steer clear of their ecosystem. It is annoying that a lot of movies are hard to get elsewhere though.

I got my blu-ray of 'we' a collection of individuals yesterday, watched half of it last night. Really awesome movie, I think the footage is better than attack of la nina, but the music is a bit 'meh' so far.

I did manage to find attack of la nina eventually but it was not all that easy.

my copy of 'we' also took over a month to get here from U.S. as poorboyz emailed me to say they were meant to charge me an extra $20 to ship to Australia, and I was like, nah, i'm not paying $55 for a blu-ray.. should have charged me right in the first place. They eventually sent it, and with a t-shirt too, but overall it seems so painful to 'do the right thing'.

there's a good wee vid of some heli-boarding around Hakuba on the Transworld Snowboard site......I couldn't figure out how to embed it here so I'll just post the link

(if thats not cool SJ dudes, please delete)

http://snowboarding.transworld.net/1000186711/videos/learning-to-fly-in-hakuba-japan/

Watched TGR's Rhe Dream Factory and really enjoyed it. It was interesting to see the first days and development of skiing/boarding in Alaska. And contrasting that with the riding of today.

But u see the similarities :p

Well, yes, actually.

I'd have to say Dick Van Dyke's pratfalls were smoother, though he wasn't trying to do them with skis on.

Or were those proto-ski-ballet moves on Sailer's part?

Interesting to see the Zao of back then. Is that the Zangezaka trail around the 2:45 mark? (Widened since then?)

Also some interesting-looking natural half-pipes between the 4:00 and 4:30 marks -- wonder where they are, and are they accessible today?

Hey, at 9:25 there's a bit with a newspaper cutting. It seems to say

?王スキー場 but it's not the 蔵 we know? :confused:

八王スキー場. The merger of 八方 and 蔵王?

DiGriz should be along shortly to fill us in on the story of how Seibu's supersonic gondola link-up scheme fell through.