Yup, screw the actual technical bits, what is the best looking gear you have seen?

Pixie_Stix.jpg

These are fairly cool, but when I was in Dunedin I saw some seriously awesome ski's with a anime'd up Maiko type girl on a grey toned smokey background with a few flowers floating around

Unfortunately my skis are boring blue and white, not to mention second hand. Being a beginner makes me sad.

Dynastar_Exclusive_8_Skis_Womens_Skis-re

rofl.

I like the girly designs ... I think it is a rebellion from being totally surrounded by boys in my home. But I don't think my Troop qualifies as 'girly' even though it is a girls board.

burton-troop-snowboard-09-10-womens-was-

So I stuck some round stomp studs on that have diamantes on the tops.

Blinged it up a tad!! Only problem is I have lost a few of the diamante's - one in Hakuba, one in Thredbo and a few in Niseko! lol

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
are the tips shaped like that for a reason or just for aesthetics?

From what I understand that is a downright spitting image of what Moment skis look like.

I think pretty much just for aesthetics. That's what their tips are for. The only thing they do is make it harder for skins to grab onto them. Some frustrating days when your skins won't loop on the ski.

THAT bit looks painted.

Solid snowboard with raised binding attachments - no need for risers!

And the shape is all about aesthetics. I was worried it would catch or not ride a well - but the Reaper's board rides the same as the others with rounded ends. Looks funky though.

here's a close up.

The centre bit is hollow. That's right, you are seeing the floor which the board is lying on .

The 4x4 binding plate is raised on spider legs.

I read it's not recommended in deep pow.

thewhipsnowboard.jpg