Things to spend your money on.....number 2,479,403

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This bad boy in a 164W is currently woo-ing me.

LB0BDDARK164.jpg

Lib Tech Dark Series C2 BTX

It has the rocker-camber combo thing going on which is interesting. I dont think it is true twin tip though, but the set back looks minimal.

Why do i find snowgear so sexy and irresistible....grrrrrr.

Interesting. I have a Rider's Choice BTX 162 Wide . At the time I don't think they had Dark Series C2. And actually 162 was the longest I could find.

The Rider's Choice held up well in Niseko, so I'm sure this one would handle the pow well.

I'm 5' 8 60 Kg and for this board I am inclined to go longer. Just gotta use knees.

When I think that my GSL skis were 200 long, it's not that long.

You never know. One day you will be bombing that steep run, with no space to turn. I can't see myself riding shorter boards anymore. Just have to pick the right tree ( I mean space in between )

Personally I'm more worried hitting a tree if I roll.

I wear a back protector.

Yup Fastec style. I just bought some new Flows too, ealier in the year, but want to compare them. Got flows very cheap ($140) so should be able to sell them for what I paid, would be lucky to get the same back for the Gnu's though ($220) but my thinking is I will be using them (and selling Flows) unless they have some real problems.

Originally Posted By: MrSingh
I've been using the Rider's Choice BTX 162 for the past 2 seasons. Works great in powder, but it's also a great all round board.

Singh, yeah it's a solid board I dig it. It was a bitch finding one that length. I'm glad I found one though, def a solid investment.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Jynxx

so I'm guessing you want that directional, twin-ish board that goes fast and floats in pow centre stance without too much leg burn, hitting natural pipes and trees ... let me know if you find one.

Ok...I believe I have found what I was looking for Jynxx.

Found a good deal and purchased one of these.
LibTechSkunkApeBTX.jpg
165W Lib Tech Skunk Ape. Rocker.

It is a very very slightly direction Twin. And I am hoping it does everything it claims. Went for the 2009/10 model as it was cheaper than the 2010/11 and I prefer the graphic.

I will be sure to post some comments once riden. Pretty excited. Unfortunately Japan isnt untill Feb11 so it will just have to look pretty for now. I like the graphics, remind me or Iron Maiden-esc 70/80s graphics, much prefer them over the 2010/11 version.

As I picked up the 2009/10 model I got it a little cheaper. Cost $430 USD. Plus $150 postage back to Oz.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Tex

the_flagship_lrg.jpg

NO! NO! Don't try and talk me out of it... the deciscion has been made smile

Pre order is in on the board. Not real sure why I pre-ordered considering it will be 4 more months till it sees snow. Meh, felt good hitting the confirm order button groovy
Originally Posted By: Tex
Pre order is in on the board. Not real sure why I pre-ordered considering it will be 4 more months till it sees snow. Meh, felt good hitting the confirm order button groovy

Maybe so you can sit it against the wall in your house and give it dirty looks and have naughty thoughts everytime you walk past?

I intend to flirt outrageously with my new stick for the next few months....kinda work it up into a frenzy before unleashing it.
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
I like the woodgrain not being obscured by graphics...
Yep me too, one more reason for the Flagship rather than the Twin.

Originally Posted By: Schneebored

Maybe so you can sit it against the wall in your house and give it dirty looks and have naughty thoughts everytime you walk past?

I intend to flirt outrageously with my new stick for the next few months....kinda work it up into a frenzy before unleashing it.
She will have to live in the garage or under the bed, wife gets jealous you understand.
Originally Posted By: @tokyo
Nice Tex, like the look of that.

clap
yummy
coolmirrors