So whats up with it? Is it girly?

Not manly enough?

Do you?

I was just reading this, aparently blokes are coming out of screenings of Toy Story 3 crying.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/7856218/Why-Toy-Story-3-plays-with-mens-emotions.html

Quote:
The scene is surreal even by the standards of New York, where characters are located on every street corner. In the midst of a stampede of children exiting a Manhattan cinema as the credits roll on Toy Story 3, grown men stagger out of the auditorium wiping tears from behind their 3-D glasses. A few push baseball caps over their heads to mask any trace of having cried at the climax of what is essentially a feature-length kids' cartoon.

But Toy Story 3, which opened in America last week before coming to British screens next month, has not only ignited a so-far lacklustre summer movie blockbuster season; it has also cued an outpouring of grief from adults – notably, men – not seen at a children's movie since Bambi's mother had that ill-fated encounter with her stalkers back in 1942.

I've cried in many movies over the years. Particularly hard is when there is someone dying of cancer. Having lost my father and uncle to cancer it's rather easy for me to empathise.

Saw a clip recently on the net of US soliders returning home and suprising their kids. As a father now it really hit home how hard it would be to be away from your kid for a long time. I was a blithering mess by the end of it. The reactions of the kids were awesome.

Anyway can't see anything wrong with showing some emotion and crying if that's how a movie or anything affects you. I'm more than comfortable enough with my manliness that I don't need to put on some false bravado and pretend nothing effects me.

Oh, man.

That one is just too much.

I had an earful of those stories from my parents.

My mum is from Okayama (next to Hiroshima) and she used to tell us about the lack of food in those times. Digging for roots and bark, trying if anything could be eaten.

Nothing wrong with it. I didn't plan to but did cry when my grandma died. It just kind of snuck up on me....a human emotional reaction.

I think I may have cried when the US re-elected Bush. I was in Japan wondering what the hell Americans were thinking.

Can never see myself crying, would take a lot to make me cry. Only if something were to happen to my daughter or wife or very close family, but I am not at all emotional, no matter what the situation.