How can you improve your life?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear.

Feel better :(

I would have thought the warmer weather would be better for it...

I am back to physio today - I am really sore - can't lift my arm above my head. I think it was a combination of the capsule work he did on Monday and me deciding it was high time to get back in the pool and swimming for 45mins. Also had some work (argh acupuncture) on the seized up ITB...and my knee hurts from that. In fact...whole right side...maybe scrap it and start again.

BUT....today is a GOOD day. I am determined. Fridge guy is here finally repairing my fridge (we hope) ... and I am packing for Thredbo...can't beat carving up the man made ice wink ...so it is ALL GOOD!

I'm small and light weight and have a high pain tolerance.

I've practiced detachment and independence (even from society, I don't need $, I can hunt. A long steel blade will be handy)

I let go of all that when I fell in love.

But to see #1 suffer and I felt so helpless, I prayed for her.

Why the fk we get tested so hard I have no idea, but we survived.

We are alive (she didn't kill us).

Does prayers help, improve our life? I have to say yay to that when it's up-shit-creek and you only have a heart to paddle with.

My life will be much better when my investments produce enough income each year for me not to have to work. On track to get there within the next 10 years. Nothing more satisfying than making money without really having to do any work for it! Doesn't mean I do no work at all but not having to work if I don't want to will be a great improvement to my life.

Obviously the news of the end of the world coming in 2012 did not filter through to you Go Native!

I would like to live somewhere quieter and prettier than I do.

1. If it weren't for the surfing channel, I'd get rid of my tv and read more books.

2. Eat more veggies.

3. Snowboard more often.

4. sleep more.

5. Get more excersise.

(This is the short list)

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
1..I am back to physio today

2.. Fridge guy is here finally repairing my fridge (we hope) ... 3..I am packing for Thredbo...can't beat carving up the man made ice wink

1. Fridge is fixed! dance

2. So..my knee is taped up and have been made a pin cushion of again. BUT if I keep strapping it up snowboarding shouldn't be a problem (at least it is my back foot and it is Thredbo..lol...it will be all front wheel drive)
I am banned from swimming for at least the next two weeks - [rapsberry] - at least one of those weeks I shall be boarding so time will pass quickly.

3. Packing my ski gear biggrin

Yes even with the speedbumps my life is on the up!

Take a look at the currrent snow conditions in Thredbo and I can assure you there's not that much to be jealous about! lol

Affectionately known as Thredbare it's definitely living up to that name this season so far.

lol Did you not see my comment about 'carving up the man made ice'.

But it has gotta be better than freezing over here in Perth for no reason biggrin

And The Denman's dinners are worth the trip if for nothing else biggrin

But it has gotta be better than freezing over here in Perth for no reason biggrin

Mb I am jealous...this is coming from the kid who just skied 2 weeks ago and has been skiing every month for the past 2 or 3 years. So yeah, take that as a compliment and enjoy it! haha
Originally Posted By: MitchPee

Mb I am jealous...this is coming from the kid who just skied 2 weeks ago and has been skiing every month for the past 2 or 3 years. So yeah, take that as a compliment and enjoy it! haha

Nice one! that is 24 - 36 months of continual skiing. (now I am jealous) clap

Access to quality food from back home every now and again, as well as some good ales on draught would make things very fine. Having said that, would it make the few weeks back home less special if I had them here? Perhaps.

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Access to quality food from back home every now and again, as well as some good ales on draught would make things very fine. Having said that, would it make the few weeks back home less special if I had them here? Perhaps.

I think so.
One of the highlights of being back in my hometown is the food and drink as well as the people.