I was thinking tonight that few people on the planet have missed hearing the lyrics of BOB MARLEY. Question: what's your favorite Bob song?

I have to settle on two: Redemption Song for the lyrical contents and Three Little Birds for the genki aspects.

When I wanna feel irie, the lyrics to "sun is shining, the weather is sweet, makes you wanna move your dancing feet....." do the job.

Crazy Baldhead, but sung by Johnny Clarke. It's the Hail King Selassie I's words, but War is great too.

I'm not such a big fan of Marley's own better-known recordings because from Catch a Fire onwards, the production tends to be very watered down. Mi likes more drum an bass. Lee Perry, Striker, Jammy, etc.

Alpha Blondy, Aswad, Third World, Peter Tosh, Lucky Dube, Black Uhuru...I know its not Reggae per say, but Iz, damn I like Iz! They all bring back so many memories. For Bob Marley I really like Exodus, Them Belly Full, Trenchtown Rock, and Satisfy my Soul.

Not a Bob fan myself I'm afraid, but:

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
Iz, damn I like Iz!

Kamakawiwo`ole? R.I.P.

Haven't heard much of his solo stuff, but the Makaha Sons of Ni`ihau are a big old favorite.

I used to see Bruddah IZ every Sundsay at Waikiki. The city hired him for a cultural thing. Probably the last 8-10 times I saw him he was sitting in a chair, wearing his red, gold and green beany and had oxygen tanks strapped to his back with rubber hoses going into his nose. It was sad.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...