The FOOTBALL Thread (2010-2011)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

United played well (for a change this season!).

Lets hope we can go and beat Blackpool on Tuesday night and stretch out the lead.

The table:

1 Man Utd 22 29 48

2 Arsenal 23 26 46

3 Man City 24 17 45

4 Chelsea 22 19 38

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Tottenham 23 6 38

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 Sunderland 24 4 37

7 Newcastle 23 3 30

8 Bolton 23 3 30

9 Stoke 23 0 30

10 Liverpool 23 -1 29

11 Blackpool 22 -6 28

12 Blackburn 23 -8 28

13 Everton 23 -2 27

14 Fulham 23 0 26

15 West Brom 22 -12 25

16 Aston Villa 23 -14 25

17 Birmingham 22 -10 23

18 Wigan 23 -18 22

19 Wolves 23 -17 21

20 West Ham 24 -19 21

On yesterday's evidence I'd say Liverpool have more chance of the title than Tottenham. The latter were very poor against a Toon team with our two best players out.

Changing sports but what a fkn stupid shot from Haddin there.

Quote:

Sky Sports was under pressure last night to discipline its top football presenting team, Richard Keys and Andy Gray, after they were recorded making sexist remarks about two female match officials and a leading female football executive.

Keys and Gray were recorded during transmission of Saturday's Premier League match between Wolverhampton Wanderers and Liverpool complaining that the assistant referee, Sian Massey, probably didn't know the offside rule and that someone "**** up big" by appointing a female match official. "The game's gone mad," said Keys, the channel's football anchor. The recording was not broadcast, but was passed to the Mail on Sunday by an anonymous source.

Massey, 25, was running the line in a Premier League game for only the second time and made a crucial, finely judged offside decision when Fernando Torres scored the first goal for Liverpool. She is one of three assistant referees selected for promotion by the Premier League and has been earmarked as a potential official in for the biggest matches. There are 853 female referees in England and the number is rising.

----

Richard Keys: Well, somebody better get down there and explain offside to her.

Andy Gray: Yeah, I know. Can you believe that? Female linesman. Forget what I said – they probably don't know the offside rule.

RK: Course they don't.

AG: Why is there a female linesman? Somebody's **** up big.

RK: I can guarantee you there'll be a big one today. Kenny [Dalglish, Liverpool's manager] will go potty. This is not the first time. Didn't we have one before?

AG: Yeah.

RK: Wendy Toms.

AG: Wendy Toms, something like that. She was **** hopeless as well.

RK: [exasperated groan]

AG: [inaudible]

RK: No, no, it's got to be done, it's good. The game's gone mad. See charming Karren Brady this morning complaining about sexism? Yeah. Do me a favour, love.

1) I thought she did a good job

2) Female referees = less BS from the players (surely) as they cannot scream in a womans face etc.

Why on earth can't a women officiate a game? Plonkers.

Since it was leaked, someone at Sky mustn't like them. That said, their comments sound like something you'd hear in the golf club bar. Or the crap attempts of humour MOTD2 puts on instead of err, showing some actual football. Very limp. It's not "Kenny will go potty", its "Kenny'll give her a roasting!"