The FOOTBALL Thread (2010-2011)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can't believe how bad Liverpool are playing.

Will be interesting to see if United run away with it now or if they slip up and it gets interesting up there again.

I said when Roy joined that it was a bad move, and he turned out worse than even I expected.

And also as I said at the time, I do not think Dalglish is the man to come in. When he left the first time it was time for him to go and I felt he didnt have the heart to be a manager. These days, he is a legend and has everything to lose, so I have to take my hat off to him for his guts and love of the club to put it all on the line, especially at this very low point in the clubs history with all the current problems.

I still think Benitez was an excellent manager. The owners messed up the club when he was in charge, but he took the hit for it. Sure he made a few mistakes (alonso), but look at who he brought in: mascherano, torres...

Read thru his record at liverpool, he did a lot of good things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafael_Ben%C3%ADtez#Liverpool

You cant judge him only on the last season, and you also have take into account the money + ownership problem at the club during his spell.

He wasnt good at media conferences so became a bit of a laughing stock.

He did a lot of things?

I suppose he did support the local pie shop. wink

Judging him on his entire career, he was, and is, a joke.

I hope he goes back to Liverpool, perhaps he can get them relegated.

Prediction: LFC continue with same form to the end of the season and finish mid-table. Kenny gives up, new manager comes in of dubious distinction.

Please quote me in the summer and lets see.

Tonights game should be available from this link, any advice from seasoned stream viewers? Normally when i have tried streams for boxing etc it has been very bad connection and unwatchable.

I use that site a lot Bobby and while some of the links they have can be crap, there are a few that are decent. Look out for streams via Veetle, ESPN or Fox Soccer Channel streams are usually pretty good. They often just use Windows Media Player to view it. Stay away from Sopcast ones, while the stream is usually ok, the program you need to download to watch it often dumps a lot of crap on your pc

Alas I already installed sopcast and ppstream . I was a bit dubious about how they are 5MB and 12MB are chinese source. I guess damage is already done now smile